Chapter 5: past meets present

Dad made me go to a lot of pro hero events even when I was really little. He's always been overly excessive when it comes to bragging about my achievements, and even as a child, I was always being followed by the media. Most people had questions about how such a young hero could already have a daughter.

Dad took it all into stride saying that he was a good dad and a good hero. He was always taking me to places to meet new people and I began to thoroughly enjoy meeting them. 

I never really had a problem with it because it's his special way to show me he loves me.

After the accident happened, I hated going to events and being followed and praised constantly by the people around me. 

One very memorable pro hero event was a "Heroes and their Children" event, so I was supposed to go. I

 went through the crowds and into the banquet hall like every other even and sat down at my seat at a table. 

All of a sudden, the pro hero Endeavor and his children came and sat with us. Dad and I were obviously surprised since they had never talked to anyone at these events before.

"HEEEEEEY ENDEAVOR! HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR KIDS DOING THIS FINE EVENIN-"

I used my hand and covered his mouth with them and apologized, "Sorry Mr. Endeavor. My dad can be a little loud sometimes without knowing it."

Both pros looked at me and back at each other as I slowly took my hand back, seeing how shocked Dad was.

"Sorry, Ponyo. Anyways, how are you and your kids doing this fine evening?" My dad asked trying his best to keep his volume down.

"Well, my kids and I are doing fine. My Shotō has developed his quirk and it's extremely impressive," Endeavor bragged while smirking like he had won the lottery.

"Oh that's very nice! Katherine here has developed her quirk as well! I'm so proud of her for being able to control it at three years old!"

"Hmm... How about we have them compete and see whose quirk is the strongest? I'm sure the media would eat that up."

My dad looked at me warily and I gave a little smile to signal that I was fine with doing it. I truly wanted to see what kind of quirk the son of the second best hero had.

"Alright then, what do you have in mind?"

Endeavor's smirk only grew when he said, "I propose a fight between the two kids."

My dad gaped at him and looked at me as if asking if it was really okay. I gave him a small nod and looked over at Endeavor's son only to see him not have any reaction. 

"Alright then, I'll be the commentator, so I can rub it in your face that my daughter is the best!"

<time skip brought to you by Aizawa's yellow sleeping bag>

"OKAY LADIES AND GENTLEMENNNNNN, ARE YOU READY FOR THE BATTLE BETWEEN MY BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, TALENTED, AND SMART DAUGHTER, KATHERINE YAMADA AND SON OF ENDEAVOR, SHOTŌ TODOROKI!"

I stood on the stage across from Todoroki and was smiling and waving at the many people in the audience. He just stood there as if he was a statue.

"OKAY EVERYONE LET'S STARTTTTTT"

I dashed towards him as fast I my short legs would carry me, which wasn't far considering I was three. Before I could even say anything, I saw Todoroki shoot ice at me. I quickly dodged to the right as Todoroki continued to shoot ice in my direction. 

I couldn't find time to even breathe much less get a single hit in, so I decided that it was time to pull out my new technique I had learned with Uncle Aiza.

I sprinted behind him and he hesitated for a moment, but all I needed was a moment. I swiped at his feet with my leg causing him to fall to the floor and I tackled him to the ground. I made sure to keep his hands behind his back, but he started freezing my arms.

I flinched as the ice encased my arms, but I managed to keep him there using the weight of my body. Todoroki stopped struggling, and I knew my plan had worked.

I won.

Dad declared me the winner, so Todoroki  quickly started to melt his ice while Endeavor began screaming at him to stop being "a coward who can't even fight a woman". 

As soon as he was done melting the ice and helping me warm up my hands, I held my hand out, "Good match!"

Todoroki nodded and shook my hand with a shy smile. 

The crowd thought he was being a gentleman and Endeavor thought he was being a coward, but Dad looked at me with stars in his eyes because he was the only one who knew exactly what I had done. I had made a friend.

Before I could let go of his hand, Endeavor was standing in front of us.

"I don't know what your quirk is and how you won this fight, but you are still just a girl and a child. My Shotō will become number one and you will remain a nobody." Then he stomped off and left Todoroki and I alone.

I looked up at him and saw that he was about to cry. I tried to comfort him by wrapping him in a hug. I whispered in his ear, "It's not your fault. You did your best and I had fun fighting you, Todoroki."

He gave me a small smile and whispered, "Thank you."

"Do you want to be friends?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay then! C'mon Todoroki, let's go see my dad!"

After that, Todoroki and I became close friends until I moved away. I never saw him ever since.

~~~~

I asked, "Todoroki, what are you doing here?"

In hindsight, I would've realized how stupid that question was considering he was the son of the second best hero and he probably trained his butt off while I was away.

"...I'm sorry, but who are you?"

~~~~

I spent an HOUR on this chapter because I accidentally deleted my first draft of this chapter which made me wanna CRY AND THROW SOMETHING OUT A WINDOW.

aNyWayS, I hope you liked this chapter and make sure to leave a comment and follow me :)

Love,

yohocopo~