Chapter 2: home sweet- OH MY GOSH DAD ARE YOU DEAD?

Hi y'all! I saw that I have 5 reads in a little over an hour and I almost cried a little bit no cap... Anyways, I decided that I want to write a little more and ignore the fact that school starts tomorrow and I've forgotten how to do everything :) 

Katherine's pov:

I waved goodbye to Mrs. Lyn one last time and went through the gate and ran to the already boarding plane.

I panted from running around the airport while waiting to board the plane that would take me back home. I felt dizzy and anxious just thinking about going back to Japan. I looked up only to find multiple people giving me weird looks and I just stared at my feet.

When I sat down in my seat at the very front of the plane, I heard shouting, "Someone please help me! I lost my daughter somewhere on this plane and I can't find her!"

"Oh my gosh how terrible!"

"We have to look for her kid!"

Voices began growing louder and people began panicking to find the lost child. The other passengers who had no idea what was going on started to grow concerned and freaked out as well. I calmly sat in my seat and watched the chaos unfold in front of me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please calm down and sit in your seats while we try to look for the missing child-" the announcement was cut off by the continuing screaming and shouting of all the passengers. I sighed and slowly stood up from my seat at the very back of the plane.

I started looking for a flight attendant and found a few of them cowering by the mic that connected to the horrible speaker system on the plane. I squeezed through a couple people and made my way over to where they were.

I managed to shoot them a reassured look and asked, "Can I use this real quick? I may be able to calm most of the people down." They gave me a weird look but nodded.

I activated my quirk and brought the mic to my mouth and began humming a random slew of pitches that came to mind.

I looked up and found everyone seemingly frozen in one place. I once again put the mic near my mouth and issued my commands.

"Okay, I want everyone take a seat in their respective seats and remain there, but if you are the lost little girl, please come find me in the front of the plane." I waited for a few minutes and watched the passengers, flight attendants ,and pilots go back to their seats.

Then I saw a small girl that looked to be about six or seven years old. I took her hand and proceeded to release my quirk.

People woke up confused and started panicking again, so I picked up the microphone one last time and reassured everyone, "Everyone, please listen to me. I have used my quirk to ensure the safety of the lost little girl and would like to make the jobs of the airplane staff easier, so everyone should calm down and remain in their seats and wait for further instruction." 

I made my way to the terrified mother at the very back of the plane and reunited mother and daughter. I was about to turn around and sit down in my seat when the pilot began to thank me.

"Thank you for helping out today! Are you training to become a hero? Because that was quite heroic."

"Uh y-yes, I am currently training to become a hero. And it was no problem," I said and headed back to my seat to resume panicking about what might happen when I got home.

~~~~

After I got off the plane, I got my things and hailed a taxi to take me to my home. 

On the way there, a barrage of random thoughts hit me like a truck, lord it's been forever since I've been home and it's raining? Seriously? I hope Dad remembered that I'm coming home today because if  he SOMEHOW forgot the day that he forced me to come back home, I think I might-

"Ma'am, we're here."

I thanked the driver for the ride and took my stuff out of the trunk and walked to the front door. Everything looked exactly the same has thirteen years ago. 

The two story house with the awesome swings in the front yard reminded me of my favorite childhood memories. The porch still stained from my continuous efforts to color the whole house in chalk.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the front door.

No answer.

I knocked again and again, but no one opened the door. 

I felt a wave of anxiety crash into me as I tried to open the door. And the door actually opened. 

That was when I dropped everything and ran into the house to search for my dad.

I felt my body freeze when I saw my dad laying on the couch face down and I screamed. Tears running down my face, I ran over to him and shook him while yelling, "Please for the love of everything good in this world, please don't be dead!"

"Oh hi, Katherine! You're home?"

I whipped my head around to find Aizawa holding a bag of groceries.

"OH MY GOSH UNCLE AIZA MY DAD IS DEAD! HE'S DEAD AND I JUST GOT HOME AND FOUND HIM DEAD AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHY THE HECK ARE YOU LAUGHING?!" 

Could he not see my dead father lying on the couch? I gave him a panicked look and he continued to cackle like an old lady.

Once he calmed down a little bit, he said, "Katherine, your dad is fine. He just got really drunk last night and passed out."

I stood there silent for a minute, processing this information. I took a deep breath, grabbed the nearest weapon-like thing, which happened to be a back scratcher, and hit my dad's feet as hard as I could.

"OW AIZAWA WHAT THE FU- oh hello, sweetie. I didn't realize you were home." He took a second to sit up and assess my ruined makeup and the back scratcher in my hand. 

He glared at Aizawa and yelled, "AIZAWA WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER?"

Uncle Aiza and I looked at each other and sighed. We silently agreed that I should be the one to shout at him today and he backed out of the room slowly. 

I looked at my dad and screamed, "I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED I WAS? I WALKED INTO MY HOME AFTER THIRTEEN YEARS AND FOUND MY DAD LAYING ON THE COUCH LOOKING LIKE HE'S DEAD! DECEASED! UNCLE AIZA DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR BLACKING OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE I CAME HOME!"

Dad tried giving me his "cute" puppy dog eyes, but I just glared up at him. 

He kept looking at me while trying to act cute, so I felt bad about how stupid he looked and just gave in and said, "I'm glad you're okay, Dad"

He practically exploded with happiness and gave me a tight hug, "Welcome back, Ponyo"

~~~~~

omfg that took forever, but I'm somehow still alive after writing for an hour. Anyways, I just wanted to explain her nickname from Present Mic aka her dad. Ponyo refers to the little fish girl from the movie Ponyo. And because Katherine can change her legs into a tail, her dad started calling her Ponyo. 

I hope y'all liked this chapter :) 
yohocopo <3