Chapter 22: airport help desk fiasco

hola amigos! ive been having the worst week ever and i failed yet another quiz after studying for HOURS but that's besides the point👹 i hope ur doing well, dear reader and i hope that life will go ur way today🥺

Enjoy~

~~~~
Katherine's pov:

After I was taken to Recovery Girl's clinic, I was sent home to rest for twenty four hours. I couldn't attend the award ceremony because of my condition and it's not like anyone missed me. I didn't even get to enjoy most of the festivities during the event, but it's not like I could have fun while looking like a mummy.

When I got home, I felt like death, so I decided to take a nap. I woke up from my nap the next day which was a Saturday and my face looked perfectly normal, but I wanted to kill Katsuki Bakugō for it. Instead, I opted for calling Lina.

I laid in the safety of my warm, soft blankets while I waited for her to pick up the phone. I was about to hang up, but Lina finally answered after three rings.

"Hi Lina... How are you, babe?" I asked timidly, afraid she would yell at me because I hadn't called her yesterday.

Silence followed and a man's voice spoke, "Is this Katherine?"

"Yes, but who are you?"

"Wow... I'm hurt that you don't remember me."

At this point, I was confused and scared that Lina had gotten herself in trouble, "Okay, just tell me who you are and what business you have with my best friend."

I heard laughter from the other line, "I knew you were tough, but I didn't think you'd be so mean to your best friends dad."

"...LINA'S SPERM DONOR?!"

"The one and only!"

I chuckled, "What are you doing with Lina's phone right now?"

"She left home as soon as she saw what happened to you when we were watching your fights on television..."

I could hear the worry in his voice and immediately began thinking of ways to reach her, "Have you called the police? They may be able to search for her."

A long sigh followed, "They said she somehow got a ticket to Japan at the closest airport to our house."

"SHE WHAT?!"

"I don't even know how she got the ticket, but she should be landing somewhere in your city about now."

"WHAT?! IS SHE OUT OF HER FUCKIN-"

"Language, Katherine. And yes, she's probably lost her mind."

I ran a hand through my hair in distress. What in All Might's name is she thinking? Flying to a country where she doesn't know anyone except for a socially condemned hero student?

"Katherine, I'd hate to make you do something after what happened, but I really need you to find her."

I nodded, getting up from my cocoon of blankets and rushing over to my closet. I threw on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt while asking Lina's dad questions, "What was she wearing? Did she eat before? Did she take anything with her?"

I sprinted out of my room with my phone in my hand to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and put my cap on.

"She was wearing leggings and the big hoodie you gave her in sixth grade. She ate a few slices of pizza, but she didn't drink anything. She didn't take anything with her, not even her phone."

I quickly brushed my hair and ran out of the bathroom. I saw a confused Uncle and Dad, but I just smiled at them and put my shoes on before heading outside.