chapter 8: quirks and todoroki

Hi im in my ap class rn and i should prolly pay attention but here i am lmao

enjoy~

~~~~

The rest of the day went by fairly easy and I had no trouble understanding the material being taught.

"Katherine, you did so good on your ball throw! That's incredible!"

I nodded, barely able to keep my eyes open.

I should've eaten more at lunch...

"And turns out, no one got suspended! Today's been a crazy first day!"

We chatted together, more like she rambled on and I was dozing off, and then I saw her look behind me with an awed look. I turned around and saw Todoroki looking right at me, "What?"

Uraraka-san nodded and nudged my arm playfully, "Someone's got an admirer!" She laughed when I gave her a glare that I usually save for Dad when he screams while I'm watching my anime in peace, "Don't be so uptight! This is high school and high school has lots of boys. And I mean, LOTS..." she started pointing at the attractive boys in our class(*cough* not mineta *cough*) and when she got to Todoroki, he was still staring at me.

I could already predict what he would ask me when he opened his mouth to talk to me.

"Katherine, right?" he asked with a cold tone.

I nodded my head lazily.

"I was wondering what your quirk was." he said blandly.

I found myself rolling my eyes just as I had done a thousand times before, "You were staring at me because you wanted to know what my quirk is?" 

He nodded. I felt Uraraka-san deflate behind me, "I don't feel comfortable sharing that information with you, sor-"

"HEY YOU!" I was cut off by Pomeranian boy screaming from across the room.

"There are twenty one of us in this classroom, you have to be specific, Pom boy." I said, shortening the nickname I'd assigned him.

"Who the hell are you calling Pom boy, you extra!" he growled.

I stared at him for a while and turned back to Todoroki-san, "Sorry for the interruption, but I'm not interested in telling you about my quirk."

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IGNORING ME?!"

I cupped a hand around my ear and said, "Sorry, I can't hear you because I have trouble hearing stupidity." I smirked at him as little explosions began appearing in his palms.

This was too easy.

I grabbed my bag and ran out the door before Bakugou could scream my ears off anymore. 

I ran all the way to the teachers lounge and slammed the door shut when I made it inside. I stood there panting like a hyena unaware of the group of people behind me.

"Katherine, what are you doing here?"

I froze and slowly craned my neck to see who was behind me. 

I stopped breathing when I saw Uncle Aiza and...All Might? I hadn't seen him in years! I ran up to hug him, but when I did I was surprised to find myself hugging a small, frail man. I screamed in surprise, "What in the name of chicken nuggies just happened?"

I ran into Uncle Aiza's arms and pointed at the man, "All Might was just there."

"There is a perfect explanation of all of this, okay." He spoke clearly, "He is a... friend of All Might's."

"Uncle Aiza... that is the worst excuse you could've come up with..." I gave him a 'are you seriously trying to cover this up?' look.

"Young Katherine, I... am..." the man struck a pose, "ALL MIGH-"

"All Might. I know. I figured it out two seconds ago. Just explain please." I gave both adults an exasperated look.

They looked at each other and sighed.

"Alright, so this is what happened..."

~~~~

i hope y'all have a great day,
Cath