Prologue

Taehyung.

Different light bulbs, loud music, the smell of alcohol and cigarettes, loud murmurings, and drunk people dancing on the stage.

I sighed as I chugged down the wine I am holding. I've been sitting here for about 30 minutes now, and my boyfriend hasn't approached me yet. I don't know where he went, but I'm really getting bored.

It's already 11 in the evening, and I need to wake up early tomorrow. I need to look for my boyfriend and ask him to drive me home.

I sighed once again and stood up. I made my way to the garden in search of my boyfriend, but he's not here. I roamed my eyes around and spotted a raven-haired guy talking with someone I am really familiar with.

I approached them. "Hyung, have you seen Bogum?" I asked.

"Ow, Tae! I'm glad to still see you here. I thought you have a presentation tomorrow?" he answered. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"I'm not living under a rock, hyung. Of course, I need to freshen up. And how do you know I have a presentation for tomorrow?"

He chuckled and patted my shoulder. "I'm afraid I'm one of the panelists," he said between his laughter. "I'm Mr. Lee's substitute because he can't make it for tomorrow. He has something more important to do."

I just nodded and smiled. I'm quite excited and nervous at the same time. Namjoon-hyung is not bad to be a panelist. He's actually good, though he will bluntly point out your mistakes. Namjoon-hyung doesn't like presenters who just read their presentations or slide shares. He wants you to explain everything you present. That's why I'm a bit excited.

I was about to speak when someone cleared his throat. "Ow! I clearly forgot about my friend," Namjoon-hyung exclaimed. He faced the "friend" and smiled at me.

"Tae, I want you to meet Jungkook," he said and snaked his arm around the guy's shoulder. "Jungkook, this is Taehyung, my other friend," he added.

Jungkook smiled at me and offered his hand. I smiled first before accepting it for a handshake. "Jeon Jungkook. College student. Major in Business Ad," he introduced. I nodded and smiled.

"Kim Taehyung. I'm also a college student, unfortunately studying Business Ad, but I'm attending Photography class," I also said. He just nodded and let go of my hand.

I smiled and faced Namjoon-hyung, who was shamelessly staring at us with a wide smile on his lips.

"Hyung," I raised a brow and sipped on my wine. "Have you seen Bogum?" I asked.

Namjoon-hyung made an "o" reaction before pointing at the dark part of the garden. "I quite saw him there. I don't know. I just figured it was him because of his hair color. But just go check; I might be wrong," he said. I nodded and smiled at him.

I excused myself and went to where he was pointing. It's a dark alley that seems to lead towards the house's innermost backyard. I furrowed my eyebrow as I narrowed my eyes.

What would Bogum be doing here? It's dark and all.

I walked even closer and spotted a broad back and blonde hair color. That back figure is familiar. What is Bogum doing here?

I smiled and made my way towards him but immediately stopped when I heard him speak.

"Come on. Give it to me. Just for tonight."

My heart sank for no reason. The beating of my heart is abnormally fast than its usual rate. What does he mean by that?

"Come on... He wouldn't know I'm hitting on you. We can make it a secret."