NN 20

Jungkook.

"Mr. Jeon, the meeting with the Do's is about to start," Kerby, my male secretary, peeked through the door, wearing his glasses.

I nodded, setting down the pen I had been holding. This afternoon, Jessie, our mothers, and I visited a wedding planner to finalize the theme for our wedding. Following that, Jessie and I indulged in some milk tea, a craving of hers. Since her boyfriend was occupied, she pulled me along, and coincidentally, we encountered Taehyung.

A part of me yearned to explain to him, yet fear held me back. What if he questioned why I was explaining when it was natural for Jessie and me to spend time together given our impending marriage?

Tonight, after the meeting with the Do's, I promised myself I would talk to Taehyung.

I stood up and adjusted my clothes. Suits and leather shoes weren't my typical attire; usually, I came to work in a simple white T-shirt and pants paired with Timberland boots.

Exiting my office, I headed towards the conference room where my in-laws awaited. Opening the door, I revealed two loving parents.

“Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Do,” I greeted, bowing slightly as I shook their hands. They offered warm smiles and opted for a more personal approach, pulling me into hugs.

Awkwardly withdrawing, I took my seat on the opposite side of the table, placing my hands together in a composed manner.

“Jungkook, I have something to share, and I believe it'll bring you joy,” Mr. Do began, casting occasional glances at his wife, who nodded with a smile.

Curious, I inquired, maintaining my composure, "What is it, Mr. Do?"

He grinned, revealing the news I had longed to hear, "I'm selling my company."

My eyes widened with elation. This announcement held significance for me, as his business was complementary to mine. My company, Jeon Wine Incorporation, is renowned for producing top-tier wines, while Mr. Do's venture focuses on global exporting and importing. Acquiring his company would facilitate seamless international distribution of my wines.

"Does that mean..." I trailed off in a murmur.

He clarified, "No. If you want full ownership, you need to marry my daughter."

A sudden pang gripped my heart, and I instinctively looked down, concealing any disappointment. Thoughts of a certain brunette flashed in my mind. I couldn't let Mr. Do see my internal struggle; I didn't want to upset Mrs. Do either.

Suppressing a sigh, I nodded, forcing a smile. "Thank you, Mr. Do," I expressed, though inwardly grappling with conflicting emotions.

“No, thank you,” he replied warmly. “Because of you, I will never worry about Jessie's future anymore,” he happily added.

“Mr. Do, if you don't mind. May I ask something?”

He looked at me and shook his head. “I don't mind. Spill it.”

“I've learned that Jessie had a boyfriend before, and Jessie told me they broke up because you didn't like the guy. May I know why?”

Both of them sat in shock. Silence hung in the air, as if they were guarding a well-kept secret. They exchanged a meaningful glance, adding to the intrigue.

Mr. Do chuckled nervously. “I just didn't trust the guy. I knew Jessie wouldn't have a better future with him.”

“But the guy is nice. He has a decent and stable job. He's a lawyer,” I curiously stated. “I'm just wondering why you didn't like him, considering he's clearly making enough money to secure Jessie's future.”

Mr. Do shook his head in disagreement, his stoic expression sending chills down my spine. It seemed like he wanted me to retract my words. I cleared my throat and shrugged off the tension.

“I just don't see him as the right fit for my daughter. Are you doubting my judgment, Mr. Jeon?” he sternly asked.

I vigorously shook my head and chuckled. “Of course not, Mr. Do,” I reassured, leaning comfortably in the chair.

Crossing my arms, I shamelessly locked eyes with him. His unexpected reactions left me intrigued. It was the first time I witnessed a blend of shock and stoicism on his face. Moreover, his use of my surname and the intensity in his demeanor hinted that my inquiry had touched a nerve.

Of course, I fabricated the story that Jessie and Sunghoon broke up. It's a necessary lie to safeguard our secret. Yet, it perplexes me. Having met Sunghoon, he seems like a genuinely nice guy who adores Jessie to the point of pleading with me not to marry her girlfriend.

Clearly, Mr. Do is concealing something, and my curiosity intensifies. But for now, I'll focus on one individual—Taehyung. He's the first person I'll confront.

“If there's nothing else to discuss, Mr. Do, I believe it's time to adjourn this meeting,” I assert as I rise from my chair. “My secretary will handle the details.”

Mrs. Do offers a smile, while Mr. Do furrows his brow but eventually nods. As they exit, I swiftly dial a trusted contact.

Three rings before he answers. “I need you to handle something for me. I'll send the details your way,” I instruct, eyes still fixed on the door before ending the call.

For now, I place my trust in him, a reliable ally. The immediate task at hand—confronting Taehyung. My heart pulses with excitement and trepidation. Excitement for the prospect of a lengthy conversation, and nervousness because the exact words to convey elude me. Regardless, Taehyung has a way of setting my heart ablaze.

Kim Taehyung, you're sending my heart into a frenzy.

_______

There you go. Everyone.

I just want to say if ever business in real life doesn't work like what i wrote, i am sincerely saying sorry. I really don't know how company's work. It's not my forte to dwell. Im really sorry.

I hope i didn't disappoint you or much more i didn't confuse you.

I hope you grew some affection to this story. I am really sorry.

Just a reminder:
Bangtan loves us!