NN4

Taehyung.

In the midst of Jungkook repeatedly explaining his delayed revelation about his impending marriage, the revelation itself hit us like a tidal wave—five months deep into secrecy. My silent groans echoed each time Seokjin-hyung failed to grasp Jungkook's reasoning, prompting another round of explanations that left me feeling more pained.

Jimin stood beside me in solidarity, his presence a comfort amid the chaos of emotions. Hoseok sprawled on the floor, Namjoon leaned against the couch with Seokjin on his lap, and the elder continued his verbal spar with Jungkook about these so-called "unreasonable reasons."

Jungkook sighed as he ran his fingers through his fiancée's crimson locks, diverting my gaze by sipping on my hot chocolate. The clock read 10 PM, and we had opted to spend the night at Namjoon's parents' house.

Suddenly, a question slipped out from Jin-hyung, causing us all to gawk in shock. "You sure you want to marry her, Kooks?" The unexpected bluntness lingered in the air, leaving Jimin to scold Jin-hyung.

“Hyung, you just don't ask something like that, especially with the bride around!” Jimin stated emphatically. Agreement resonated through the room. I, however, found myself unable to protest, drained from an unexpected emotional breakdown in the bathroom. Jimin and I concocted white lies about our reddened eyes to mask the turmoil within.

Jin-hyung, indifferent to the room's discomfort, defended his question, seemingly oblivious to the potential implications.

Jin-hyung scoffed, glancing at the sleeping Jessie. "What? Why? She's asleep. Don't exaggerate things, Jiminie," he said, nonchalantly wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck. Everyone cringed, but he remained unfazed.

"I'm not exaggerating, hyung. It's just inappropriate to say things like that, especially when someone's married or getting married; it feels like an insult," Jimin declared passionately, drawing closer to me. Yoongi hyung patted his shoulder, indicating for him to lean against his chest instead of mine. Jimin complied, and they embraced each other.

Jin-hyung scoffed once more, scrunching up his nose. "You've got a point, though," he conceded. Namjoon-hyung burst into laughter, eliciting a playful whack from his lover.

My gaze fixated on the raven-haired bunny, smiling while brushing his fiancée's locks—a smile that heightened the ache in my chest.

My heart sank deeper, yearning for an escape. I sighed and stood up, their eyes following me. Hoseok-hyung asked where I was going, and I fabricated an excuse about fatigue and gallery renovations, slipping into my shoes.

Namjoon-hyung rose, guiding me toward the guest room. Silent nods and exchanged glances conveyed Seokjin-hyung's understanding and wishes for a good night.

As Namjoon-hyung and I walked, he broke the silence, questioning my thoughts on Jungkook's marriage revelation. I feigned nonchalance, claiming shock while knowing the truth lay in white lies.

"What are your thoughts on it?" Namjoon-hyung asked. I looked at him in confusion. "About Jungkook getting married," he added.

I just nodded and secretly cursed under my breath. "Well, I don't have much to say about it, to be honest. It's quite surprising since we all know Jungkook is the least likely to want to get married," I answered. That's just a lie. White lies.

Namjoon-hyung nodded a little. "Do you think they're really in a relationship?" he asked.

I sharply looked at him and raised a brow. "What makes you say that?"

Hyung sighed and shrugged. "You see, I saw her fiddling with her phone a while back, smiling like a perfect idiot. But before that, I saw her happily talking to someone over the phone. She's basically happy, Tae. I can sense it."

"Maybe she's talking to a friend, hyung. Don't assume things about your friend's bride," I coaxed. Yeah right. Keep telling that.

Namjoon-hyung delved further, pondering the authenticity of Jungkook's relationship. I raised a skeptical brow, deflecting his observations. He sighed, stopping before a dark door and facing me.

"I really hope she's just talking to a friend, Tae. My hunches have never been wrong," he confessed, leaving a lingering unease in the air.

———