NN 9

Taehyung.

Taehyung, his emotions spiraling, poured out his heart on the balcony of Jimin and Yoongi-hyung's house. Jimin, offering solace, rubbed his back, and Yoongi-hyung handed him water to soothe the storm within.

“What happened, Tae?” Jimin asked, concern etched on his face as Taehyung struggled to voice the turmoil inside him.

“I had a fight with him. I just... couldn't hold back anymore. I wanted to burst out. I wanted to tell him about my feelings. I almost... almost told him,” he uttered, his voice laden with pain.

Jimin sighed, worry deepening. “What type of fight, Tae? Did you exchanged hurtful words?” Yoongi-hyung inquired.

Shaking his head, Taehyung sighed. “I went to my gallery for a meeting with my architect. I saw Bogum, told Jungkook about it. He came to my gallery, and during the meeting, he became touchy, possessive. I know it's wishful thinking, but how can you blame me? I love him! Then, we had lunch, and I saw him smiling, fiddling with his phone. Negative thoughts overwhelmed me, and I cried. He asked what's wrong, and I blamed Bogum when it was him, the reason. I couldn't stop myself; I felt upset. I gave him a cold treatment, and we fought.”

Yoongi listened, his gaze unwavering, while Jimin continued comforting Taehyung.

“Are you jealous that Jessie makes Jungkook happy?” Yoongi-hyung questioned softly. Taehyung nodded, wiping away his tears.

“You can't blame me, hyung. Jungkook and I have been friends for almost 5 years,” he justified.

Leaning on Jimin's shoulder, the floodgates opened, and Taehyung released the pain, the tears. He knew it was his fault, deepening his feelings. This agony surpassed the pain Bogum caused, a hurt that cut deeper.

Jimin pulled him closer, while Yoongi-hyung sat beside him. Sandwiched between the Min couple, they were the pillars since Taehyung's unrequited love began.

“That's enough, Tae. Please,” Jimin pleaded.

“It hurts, Jimin. It fucking hurts,” Taehyung sobbed. Yoongi-hyung sighed, brushing his hair.

“Taehyung, it will hurt more if you continue to feel it. Let time help you. Let time heal you,” he advised.

Breaking away from Jimin's grip, Taehyung faced Yoongi-hyung, seeking clarity. “What do you mean, hyung?” he hiccuped.

“Trust in yourself alone, and it will be hard. Especially now, you can't control your feelings. Entrusting everything to yourself, you might love him more, and then you won't be able to climb back up,” Yoongi-hyung explained.

Confused, Taehyung failed to grasp his point. In his mind, only thoughts of Jungkook persisted.

“My husband is right, Tae,” Jimin chimed in, holding Taehyung's hands. “It's better if you let him go, prioritize yourself. Trust everything to time, and you will be alright. If you continue to love him, you might not handle his marriage.”

Perplexed, Taehyung questioned, “What do you mean?”

Yoongi-hyung caressed his cheek, urging him to move on. “Do everything to forget your feelings. Move on, Taehyung. Love yourself more. A person is more deserving of others' love when he loves himself,” he said.

As the weight of their words sank in, Taehyung felt the looming challenge of avoiding Jungkook. The pain, the need to move on, and the daunting journey ahead echoed in the silence of the balcony.

———

Good morning! How's your day going? Sending you positive vibes from Bangtan! 🌞