NN 16

Jungkook.

As Taehyung exited the shop, Jessie swiftly secured a table for us. My attention turned to Taehyung's departure—he stood there, an unspoken distance growing.

Our morning conversation left me yearning for more. Taehyung's sudden aloofness raised concern; he wouldn't pull away without reason. The fact that he intends to talk to Bogum adds to my unease. I dread the thought of them meeting or conversing.

Jessie tapped my shoulder, gesturing to an available table by the glass wall. I nodded, selecting a seat offering a clear view of Taehyung. My gaze intensified, capturing a subtle arch in his back, hinting at a deep breath. Moments later, he climbed into his car and drove away.

I sighed, fixating my gaze on my fingers. A profound sense tells me he's shedding tears again. Everything becomes clear. Yesterday's tears weren't the last; now, I'm certain he's crying, triggered by our encounter. His words about my blindness to the present echo in my mind. He's weeping because of me, but the reason eludes me.

I shake my head, grappling with the frustration of an unknown offense. Desperation fuels my desire to unravel the mystery.

“Why not go after him?” Jessie's voice interrupts my thoughts. I glance at her, eyebrows furrowed. She nonchalantly surveys the menu.

"Your eyes reveal the urge to chase him. So why resist? If that's what you desire, why not pursue it?" Her words are earnest. I eye her with confusion, struggling to grasp her meaning.

"What do you mean?" I question.

She drops the menu, looking up at me with a sigh. "Why make it complicated for yourselves when you can simply follow your hearts?" She speaks with a weariness, as if exhausted by something.

I furrowed my eyebrows even more. “I don't understand your point, Jessie,” I said.

She scrunched up her nose, frustration etched on her face, leaving me shocked and even more confused. “Oppa! Why are you so numb?! Ugh! I hate you,” she exclaimed irritably.

“Jessie! I don't know what you're saying! Please elaborate your words, for goodness' sake!” I burst out, slightly slamming my palm on the table.

Jessie stomped her foot and ruffled her hair into a mess. She looked like a baby on the verge of tears. “What's happening to you?!” I frustratingly said because, damn it, I don't understand her.

“Oppa! Can't you open your eyes?! Because you can't see him! Why are you so blind?! Why are you so numb!?” she cried.

I leaned on the chair and sighed loudly. I'm tired of this. This piece of little... “Oppa, why can't you see him?” she said, whining while wiping off her tears that I didn't know were already flowing from her eyes.

I shot her a death glare. “How am I going to answer that damn question when I don't have any idea what you're talking about?” I said, trying to calm myself down. I sighed heavily.

I heard her sniff, a hesitant pause hanging in the air. "I don't know if I should tell you, but...." I arched a brow, intrigue replacing my casual demeanor. "Gosh! Why did I even eavesdrop?!" she added, seemingly lost in her self-reflection.

My forehead creased, curiosity fueling my questions. "What do you mean?" I probed.

She shook her head, a hint of determination in her sniff. "I won't say a thing. I respect their privacy. I know they're keeping it a secret, so I won't tell anyone a single thing about it."

"Who are you referring to?" I pressed, eager to unravel the mystery.

She looked at me, a sad smile playing on her lips. Her actions sent shivers down my spine. "It must be hard for him. I adore him. He's trying his best to fight, and that's one hell of a hard thing."

Silence enveloped us as I stared, contemplating her words. Could it be possible that she was talking about Tae? "Jessie, I don't understand–"

"Oppa... just... just open your eyes damn wide. Maybe, just maybe, you'll understand what I am talking about," she said sadly, leaving me dumbfounded and confused as she walked away to the counter.

Frustration and confusion welled up inside me. I can't pick things at the same time for damn's sake! First, Tae's reason and now this! Everyone's making me insane, what the fuck?!

I took a deep breath, determined to find clarity. I need to talk to Tae and end this once and for all. He's confusing me. I need to ask him what I did. And if he really is the one Jessie was talking about, I need to know what she meant.

My emotions were a whirlwind, and I couldn't let it linger. I want him to answer me because my heart is aching. All of this just happened in a short time, and I can't let it drag on any longer.

Tae, please tell me what's on your mind because you're hurting me.

————