NN 2

Taehyung.

"Are you all enjoying?" Mrs. Kim inquired, her questions flowing since we took our seats.

Seated at a round table, we indulged in the delicious spread prepared by Mrs. Kim. Namjoon and Jin were absent, accompanying Mr. Kim as they introduced him to their family friend. Seokjin-hyung's parents also joined the gathering.

"Your cooking is simply phenomenal, Mrs. Kim!" Jimin cheered. Mrs. Kim laughed, playfully tousling Jimin's hair.

"How sweet of you, Jiminiee," she cooed, glancing at Yoongi, who was offering Jimin some guidance on the food.

"Min Yoongi, I presume? Jimin's husband?" she asked. Yoongi-hyung smiled and nodded.

Mrs. Kim hadn't met Yoongi before because this was his first visit. His busy schedule as a renowned producer often kept him away. Famous but elusive.

"Min Yoongi, pleasure to meet you, ma'am," he said, standing up to offer his hand. Mrs. Kim shook her head, embracing him instead.

"I never imagined Jimin would have a husband as good-looking as you, Yoongi," she complimented. Laughter erupted when Yoongi shyly smiled.

Jungkook leaned in, whispering, "Look how flushed he is." I joined in, whispering, "Perks of receiving a compliment." We both laughed, earning curious glances from the table.

Mrs. Kim walked over to me, a smile on her face. "And of course, this little angel. How are you, bun?" she asked.

I beamed, flashing my signature boxy smile. "I'm doing fine, Mrs. Kim," I replied.

"Still into your gallery?" she inquired. I nodded and smiled. "Your business must be soaring high, yeah?"

"Not really, Mrs. Kim. My business is doing well, I suppose. Though I consistently sell out my art, I still can't find calm," I stated. She ruffled my hair, understanding the sentiment.

Her gaze shifted to Jungkook, and a suspicious look crossed her face. "Are you two boyfriends?" she asked.

I almost choked on my saliva upon hearing the question. Coughing, I felt Jungkook rubbing my back. Never expected that inquiry!

Mrs. Kim quickly handed me a glass of water. I accepted it, mouthing a soft 'Thank you' before taking a gulp.

"I'm sorry. Did I startle you with my question?" she softly asked.

I smiled awkwardly. "Ah, Mrs. Kim, Jungkook and I aren't dating," I answered, trying to sound nonchalant. The thought was killing me.

Mrs. Kim mouthed an "oh" before commenting, "Why not? You're cute together."

I blushed, my heart racing. Oh god, make it stop! Yoongi noticed my discomfort, nudging Jimin, who was busy eating. Jimin looked at me and held my hand under the table.

"Uh, Mrs. Ki—"

"I'm actually getting married, Mrs. Kim," Jungkook interrupted me.

His revelation shocked all of us, especially me. I felt my heart shatter like fragile glass. My soul sank, and I teetered on the edge of tears. Jimin squeezed my hand as he noticed my teary eyes. I glanced at him, grateful for the support.

Jimin panicked and stood up. "Um, Mrs. Kim. Do you mind if I ask where your bathroom is?" he requested. Mrs. Kim shook her head, pointing towards their house.

"The door is underneath the stairs," Mrs. Kim specified. Jimin bowed and mumbled his thanks before pulling me along with him.

But before we could reach the main door, Jungkook's voice filled my ears, and Jimin and I widened our eyes.

"Oh, here she is!" Jungkook exclaimed. Jimin quickly looked back at them, his eyes widening even more. I sighed deeply, slowly turning back, only to be shocked.

Pain struck my chest as I witnessed Jungkook pulling the girl into a tight hug before passionately kissing her. I looked away, tears moistening my eyes.

"Let's go," I muttered, walking ahead. Jimin followed me, apologizing softly. I smiled at him, mouthing 'It's okay.'

We both entered the bathroom, each taking care of our needs. The bathroom was lavishly decorated with three cubicles. One was in use by Jimin.

I stood in front of the huge mirror, gazing deeply at myself. Wondering what I had done wrong in my past life, why I seemed so unlucky in matters of the heart.

I sighed and splashed some water on my face, staring into the mirror again. Grabbing a tissue, I wiped off the beads of water dripping from my face down to my neck.

The cubicle's door swung open, revealing a worried Jimin. I smiled at him, and he walked towards me, giving me an unexpected tight waist hug. I chuckled a little, but the pain inside me was palpable.

I understood why Jimin reacted this way. Before Jungkook, Jimin was my best friend. We attended the same high school and college. He knew about Bogum too. This was how he reacted every time I got hurt.

I wiped away the tears streaming down my cheeks. He looked at me worriedly in the mirror. I nodded and halted him.

"I'll get over this soon. Don't worry," I uttered. He nodded, hugging me by the waist even more.

I hope so... I really hope so.

———

Never Not [Taekook]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें