NN 29

Jungkook.

Life has taken a sharp turn for me. The thrill of living seems to have evaporated, leaving behind a void that only he can fill. I ache for his presence, yet he seems to be deliberately avoiding me, and it's driving me to the brink of madness.

His indifference cuts deeper than any wound. I rack my brain, trying to decipher what I could have done to merit such treatment. Was it the kiss? If so, I'm ready to lay my soul bare, to explain every nuance, every thought that led to that moment. But his silence is deafening, his avoidance piercing my heart like a thousand knives.

Since the day I picked him up, he's been a ghost, haunting the periphery of my existence. His eyes, once filled with warmth, now gaze emptily out the window, as if I'm nothing more than a passing shadow. The pain of his indifference gnaws at my soul, leaving me feeling adrift in a sea of uncertainty.

And then, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I learn that he's gone to Busan without a word. The shock hits me like a physical blow, leaving me reeling in disbelief. Those two days felt like an eternity, each moment stretching on endlessly as I grappled with the torment of his absence.

A week has passed, and I foolishly hoped that his silent treatment would end by then. But instead, it's only intensified. His complete disregard for me is driving me to the brink of insanity. I can't seem to control my emotions anymore; every moment without his acknowledgment feels like torture, pushing me closer to my breaking point.

I yearn to speak to him, to hear the sound of his voice calling out to me with those endearing nicknames. "Kooks," "kookie," "koo," "jungkookie" – each one a reminder of the bond we once shared, now shattered by his cold indifference.

As I sit here, running my hands through my hair in frustration, I can't help but feel overwhelmed. The weight of his silence crushes me, leaving me gasping for air in a sea of uncertainty.

Tonight, I'm supposed to have dinner with the Do family and our friends, but the thought of pretending everything is fine gnaws at me. I want to decline, to retreat into the solitude of my own thoughts, but my mother's insistence leaves me with no choice but to comply.

'How could you refuse dinner with your fiancée's family?!'

Her voice still echoes in my head, and damn, that smack stings.

A soft knock breaks through the silence of my room. I exhale heavily before calling out, 'come in.'

“You look like shit, you know?” a familiar voice perks my ears.

I roll my eyes, scoffing at the man before me. “What brings you here?” I ask.

Jihoon just scoffs, dropping heavily into the chair across from my desk. His sigh reverberates as he pinches the bridge of his nose. I furrow my brow, watching him closely.

“What's going on with you?” I inquire, puzzled. He exhales before meeting my gaze.

“I can't find any trace of the man you wanted me to investigate,” he admits, uncertain. His brows furrow deeper, eyes unfocused. “He's incredibly private. I can't dig up any more information. All I have is his basic details. Take a look for yourself,” he offers, handing over the file.

Furrowing my brow even deeper, I accepted the folder from him, but my gaze lingered on him for a moment. He just shrugged and slouched over to the couch, collapsing onto it.

I sighed heavily and reluctantly flipped open the folder. Inside, there was nothing but mundane details about his daughter and wife—no hints, no leads. Just basic information.

Dropping the folder onto the table, I propped my elbow up and massaged the back of my neck, feeling the weight of the world pressing down on me.

Problems keep barreling my way. I still haven't figured out how to approach Taehyung, then there's the dreaded dinner with the Do's looming ahead, and now this—just another layer to the chaos.

I'm at my wit's end. I... Argh! Damn it!

“You know, buddy, why not just roll with it?” Jihoon's voice, relaxed on the couch, cut through the tension.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, why not marry the Do's daughter, the one you mentioned?”

“Jessie?”

Jihoon sat up, a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Why not tie the knot with her? She's attractive and alluring.”

I snatched my sign pen, aiming it at him. He dodged it with a cushion, chuckling. “Take it easy, man. I'm just saying.”

Rolling my eyes, I fetched two canned beers from the mini fridge. Tossing one to Jihoon, he caught it effortlessly.

Sighing, I slumped onto the single couch opposite him. “I can't marry her, but I need her family's company to expand mine. Yet... something's holding me back.”

“Hold up!” Jihoon exclaimed, raising a hand. “You said you can't marry his daughter? What's the deal?”

I sighed and set the beer down on the coffee table. “I... I don't love her,” I confessed, the image of a certain brunette guy flooding my mind.

Jihoon's eyes widened in surprise, followed by a slow smirk spreading across his lips. I brushed off his mischievous grin and delved deeper into thoughts about that brunette guy. My heart swelled, and warmth spread through my stomach. I wasn't oblivious to what I was feeling.

I wasn't born yesterday. I knew exactly what this meant, and I was damn sure about it. Friends don't experience this kind of turmoil. Sure, they may get hurt when ignored, but not to the extent of confusion. And that's precisely where I found myself – in a state of confusion. I was hurting in a way friends shouldn't.

I realized I was catching feelings for him. That explained why I was hurting, why I didn't want him with Bogum. The anger and frustration I felt before were rooted in jealousy. Jealousy and fear. Fear of losing him.

I was on the brink of losing someone I hadn't even realized I had feelings for in the first place.

️▫️▫️

Catching feelings for yah!

Helloooooo amiiiiiis!

Have you all watch BangBangCon?!

I wasn't able to watch it though, but still i know it's worth it! I had to review.

Well, i know you all knew this but

Bangtan loves us!