NN 3

Jungkook.

Fifteen minutes have passed since Jimin-hyung and Tae went to the bathroom, yet there's no sign of their return. It's also been fifteen minutes since Jessie arrived.

I hadn't expected to see her here. She had texted me a while back, mentioning she was in the area and would drop by.

Jessie and I aren't in a romantic relationship. I married her to assist her family's business—a purely business arrangement. I harbor no feelings for her, and she already has a boyfriend, albeit a secret one. It doesn't bother me; it's just part of the deal.

Scanning the surroundings for Tae, I find no trace. Someone pokes my side, and I quickly turn to see Jessie, indulging in white pasta with childlike enthusiasm. I chuckle at her cuteness; there's no denying she's a pretty girl. No wonder her boyfriend doesn't give her up, even with the knowledge that she might marry me..

"Hey, eat like your age, will you?" I scold her. She pouts, and I chuckle before playfully pinching her cheeks. Jessie is more like a sister to me, a younger one, and she sees me as her big brother.

"It's fucking amazing, oppa!" she coos while adjusting her dress.

"Didn't I tell you not to swear?" I say sternly. She pouts again, focusing on her plate. Before she can lift a spoon, I gently turn her chin toward me and wipe off pasta sauce from the corner of her lips. "Such a baby," I tease. She sticks her tongue out, and we both laugh.

Glancing around, I spot Tae standing a few meters away from our table, watching me—or perhaps us? I smile, waving at him. He flinches, awkwardly waving back. As he walks toward our table, he stops and takes the empty seat two spaces away from me. Furrowing my eyebrows, I realize Jessie is occupying Tae's chair.

I look at Tae, mouthing a soft 'Sorry.' He smiles, nods, and then looks away. Tae's acting strange today, in a different way. He appears lost, hesitates whenever I put my arm around his shoulder, and seems uncomfortable with our usual touch. Something's off.

Sighing, I decide to deal with Tae later. For now, I navigate through curious glances while Jessie continues to savor Mrs. Kim's white pasta.

No one knows I'm getting married, not even Tae. I'm sure he's confused, but once I explain everything, he'll understand. Some details are too confidential to share.

The celebration proceeds smoothly. Afterward, we help Mrs. Kim tidy up. I'm lifting chairs with Yoongi-hyung and Namjoon-hyung while Hoseok-hyung fixes tablecloths. Tae, Jimin-hyung, and Seokjin-hyung head to the kitchen to assist the maids in washing used plates.

Jessie is left in a corner, engrossed in a conversation with her boyfriend over the phone. She wanted to help with the dishes, but Tae declined, insisting she let others handle it.

"So, mind telling us about this girl?" Hoseok-hyung asks. I glance at Jessie, smile, and respond, "She's my fiancée," as I lift a round table.

"What?!" Namjoon-hyung exclaims, smacking me. I groan, glaring at him.

"She's my fiancée, hyung."

"Why didn't you tell us you're getting married?" Hoseok asks.

"And why didn't you say anything, Yoongi-hyung?"

I laugh at Yoongi-hyung's lazy expression. He yawns before lifting a chair, ignoring the questions. Both hyungs look at me in confusion.

"He already knows," I clarify. They're about to protest, but I cut them off. "Just a while ago, before Jessie arrived, I told them I'm getting married." I point at Hoseok-hyung when he attempts to speak. "But you weren't there, busy enjoying your time with that girl in the black dress," I add. He opens his mouth, but no words come out. After a few attempts, he pouts.

I laugh, and so does Namjoon-hyung. He pats my shoulder and glances at Jessie. "Married life isn't easy, Kook, but I know you're good at handling relationships," he says seriously.

I'm about to thank him when a high-pitched voice interrupts, exclaiming, "Whaaaaaat?! My baby Jungkookie is getting marrrriiiieeeed?!"

———

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to address some of the comments I've received regarding this part of my story. While I understand that not everyone will resonate with my work, I must express my disappointment at the offensive remarks made by some users, which I've deleted already.

Writing is a deeply personal journey, and it can be disheartening to see my efforts met with such negativity. Constructive criticism is always welcome, but disrespectful comments serve no purpose other than to discourage creativity.

For those who don't understand my story, I encourage you to approach it with an open mind and consider the perspective I'm sharing. And to those who feel the need to be offensive, I would kindly ask you to refrain from commenting if you cannot do so respectfully.

At the end of the day, I'm here to share my story and connect with readers who appreciate it. Thank you to those who have shown support and understanding. Your encouragement means the world to me.

Thank you!

(The part that has sparked some discussion has been carefully edited to better align with the overall narrative. I appreciate your feedback and patience as I strive to create the best possible reading experience.)