NN 37

Jungkook.

I rubbed my eyes as I rose from my bed and made my way to the balcony. The fresh air of Busan greeted me, and I paused to savor it, even though it was already 8 AM.

As I stood there, the events of last night replayed in my mind. After my conversation with Jaehee, I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was eavesdropping. The distinct scent of Taehyung lingered in the air, and I felt his presence nearby. But before I could investigate, Seokjin called, pulling me back to reality and leaving my suspicions unresolved.

Seokjin had urgent news: Mr. Do was adamant about going home. Jessie and he had even argued because we had planned for them to stay the night, but Mr. Do refused. Frustrated, I hurried home, only to be met with his stubbornness. In the end, I relented, telling him to do as he pleased. They left, much to my father’s satisfaction.

“Let him be. He’s not your father yet. You and Jessie aren't married,” my father had said, his words still sharp in my memory. His face bore a look of deep-seated displeasure, as if he had been harboring a grudge for years.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to steady myself amidst the chaos. Taehyung was ignoring me, refusing to talk, and now Dad’s actions were baffling me. The way he interacted with Mr. Do suggested a familiarity I couldn't understand. I longed for this turmoil to end so I could finally rest. Jihoo's investigation had stalled, adding to my frustration. All I wanted was a moment of peace.

Jessie hadn't called since last night. Despite my attempts to reach her, she didn’t answer. Was someone stopping her from talking to me? The fear that Mr. Do might back out of our agreement gnawed at me. His partnership was crucial for my business, a point Dad had emphasized repeatedly. He insisted that I accept the deal, highlighting how vital Mr. Do's company was for our growth. As a well-known businessman, I couldn't afford a setback. My actions last night, which led to Mr. Do's abrupt departure, weighed heavily on me. I regretted leaving them, but nothing mattered more to me than Taehyung.

Determined, I decided to visit Taehyung today. I wouldn’t let him ignore me again. I had reached my limit.

“Jeykeeeeey!”

Seokjin-hyung's voice boomed from outside the door. I groaned and retreated to my room, grabbing a shirt and slipping it on.

I had insisted everyone stay over last night. With plenty of rooms available, it made sense. Besides, they mentioned they were waiting for Taehyung.

I opened the door and stepped out. “Yes, hyung, you can use the kitchen,” I said lazily. Seokjin-hyung smiled sheepishly, scratching his cheek. His adorableness was endearing, though no one could ever outshine Taehyung.

“What do you want for breakfast, my kindest dongsaeng?” he asked sweetly, linking his arm with mine. I scrunched up my nose and flicked his ear.

“Ouch! That hurts!” he yelped. I just laughed and walked ahead. As I went downstairs, I was greeted by the sight of Yoongi and Jimin flirting on the couch.

“Get a room!” I snickered. Jimin stuck out his pink tongue at me while Yoongi gave me a disdainful look, as if I were a speck of dust on his desk. I scoffed and headed to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, I was greeted by my loving mother, dressed in her usual floral dress, apron, hair net, and white gloves. Seokjin-hyung's eyes were practically heart-shaped as he took in the modern kitchen wares, probably seeing them for the first time.

“Mom,” I called out. She looked up and smiled.

“Yes, bun? Do you want me to cook something for you?” she asked sweetly. I smiled and waved my hand. “Then what are you doing here?” she added, slicing some ingredients.