Chapter 2

After hanging up the phone, Jungkook didn't go back to the VIP room but continued to stay outside to look at Lisa and Rosé's resume while letting the cigarette between his two fingers to burn out.

After a while, a person came out from the VIP room and sat down next to Jungkook. This person was called Park Jimin, who is a really close friend of Jungkook. Jimin laughed: "We aren't done speaking, why have you escaped out here to smoke alone? I'm starting a new company this year, do you want to invest? I'll give half of the company's shares."

Jungkokk closed his phone, curled down his mouth and laughed: "Did my mom tell you to do this?"

Park Jimin didn't answer as if admitting it. He half joked and half seriously asked: "Are you going to stay there forever?"

(* there as in the team where he works)

Jungkokk twitched his eyes and blew out his cigarette smoke.

Jimin thought: Don't even try to say all those disgusting reasons. Who would have thought that Jungkook replied: "You aren't a fish, how would you know the happiness of being a fish?"

(*He is saying that since Jimin isn't doing what he does, he wouldn't know what the things he does gives him. It is a Chinese proverb, but I don't know the original.)

Jimin laughed:"Oh please. A place where there are a lot of guys and a few girls, you come in contact with criminals all day. What's so interesting in that?"

"I'm still better than you guys, doing nothing all day, but partying and playing around," Jungkook smiled faintly.

Jimin was dazed. After a long silence, he wasn't angry and nodded.

"That's why we're not interesting at all." His impression became serious: "If nothing is difficult, it's too boring. If someone were to hear that you are (the or a) grandson of this family, they will solve your problems for you. I only have to stamp the seal thus someone will say that you're a genius in business. Even if you want to rely on yourself, people would say otherwise behind your back like how you've come this for only by the name Park.

Jungkook smiled lightly while patting Jimin's back. Jimin knew he was being ridiculous, thought of it as nonsense from someone who was drunk.

The two of them smoked for a bit. Jimin started to talk: "You aren't being honest at all. First, you lied to your mom that you joined the police force because of political reasons."

Not only his mom but all of his friends who grew up with Jungkook believed he joined the police academy because he didn't want to work in the business with his father but rather followed his grandfather's footstep. He has achieved a lot in his job and quickly rose in ranks after 7 years, but his work was still dangerous.

Jungkook put out his cigarette and laughed: "My mother knows everybody in the police force. If I didn't lie to her before, then I would have been rejected without even knowing. It isn't your business anyway."

Jimin thought to himself:"I know, I'm only saying this much." He quickly changed the subject: "I see you are still single?"

Jungkook nodded.

Jimin laughed: "I heard that you worked day and night. Working through the nights often is going to give you liver problems. When you need to use it, you realize that you can't anymore."

Jungkook glanced over at Jimin. "A thin camel is still bigger than a horse."

Jimin didn't know whether to cry or laugh at the comeback from Jungkook

The two were in silence for a moment. Jungkook suddenly remembered something and turned to tell Jimin: "To be honest, I did go to a blind date once."

Jimin was startled: "You went on a blind date?"

Jungkook nodded: "The granddaughter of the director's wife. We did date for a couple of weeks before we went our ways."

"Why?"

Jungkook lit up another cigarette and said lazily: "She was quite pretty, the number 1 beauty of Town HX. But I was really busy at that time and was only able to meet a couple of times. In the end, she dumped me for the son of a rich family.

Jimin was shocked . He stared at Jungkook's charming face: "Still you are the "flower" of our university, how could she kick you like that?"

Jungkook laughed: "To be honest, she did came to find me once. She told me that it's really difficult for her to come to the decision. If I can buy her a house in the city Lin within 3 years, then she would leave that rich guy to be with me."

Jimin turned serious: "Your price is only worth a house? Her expectation is way too low, what did you say?"

"I replied that my monthly salary is only 6,000 dollars, however, the price of a 1 meter square of a house in Lin city is 10,000."

Jimin laughed loudly: "I can't believe there is someone who is that stupid? The clothes on you are, at least, a couple of ten thousand. Can't she see that?"

Jungkook blinked his eyes and smiled: "She asked me if my clothes are fake which could be bought at TT at BK city?" I said: "Yeah, so you also know about TT street.

Jimin laughed crazily and slapped Jungkook 's back: "This girl is pretty good, so straightforward."

Jungkook nodded: "Really straightforward, feelings can be measured by a price, to buy and sell reasonably."

At this time, the VIP's door opened and a bunch of people walked out. There was someone laughing and pointed to another person: "Let's go to his house to drink his father's precious wine."

Jimin asked Jungkook: "You coming?"

"Of course, why not?"