Liskook part 5

Calligraphy

Recently, Lisa had been engrossed in practising her calligraphy.

Jungkook was a little surprised at this, because his wife's calligraphy was very good. Her characters were neat and regular, hiding the vigorous activity that went into their formation. Whenever the station had something especially important to be written, his wife was the one they turned to.

In comparison, Jungkook's characters were a few degrees more unconventional, lacking in precision and restraint.

So, why did Madam Bookworm" suddenly come up with the idea of practising her calligraphy?

The afternoon light was calm and languid. Lisa stood by the side of a long, narrow table, her brush upright as she practised writing. She looked like an industrious little tree.

Jungkook reclined on the cool couch, drinking a cup of green tea. He observed his wife without a word or a movement.

"Why did you suddenly think of practising your calligraphy?" he asked.

"Recently, I've felt a little unsettled, so I wanted to discipline my temperament," she replied.

Jungkook laughingly asked, "Why did you feel unsettled?"

Lisa laid down her brush, stretched her fair, delicate neck, and sighed. "Husband, I believe that everyone goes through different stages in life. It's been two years since I graduated. I've experienced so many cases, and I can clearly see the trajectory of my growth. However, I can also sense that there's some kind of strength or force stored up in my body. I think, I need some time to digest this force and settle it. That would be both dignified and glorious."

She was looking straight into his eyes.

Touched by the the serenity and frankness of her gaze, Jungkook's heart softened until it felt as if it was brimming over with moonlight.

"Very well, go ahead and practise," he said. He stood up and walked behind her to watch silently with his hands in his trouser pockets.

Lisa was Lisa. He was so close to her, with his breath whispering over the back of her head and his hands placed lightly on her waist. However, she was wholly absorbed in her practising, and was not even aware when he left. By the time Lisa finally filled an entire copybook with her calligraphy, the moon had already risen high above the treetops. She stretched lazily and was horrified to discover that it was so late. The two of them had promised each other that, on weekend nights, nothing would stand in the way of their special lovers' time together. And here she was, having spent the entire night practising calligraphy.

Although Jungkook wouldn't fault her, Lisa still felt guilty. After a moment's thought, she took out a fresh sheet of Xuan paper*, lifted her brush and wrote a line of characters.

* (xuan zhi) - Xuan paper, a high quality paper made in Xuancheng( ) in Anhui province from rice, especially good for traditional Chinese painting and calligraphy.

Her face was slightly flushed when she finished writing. With a casually indifferent expression on her face, she rolled up the paper and held it lightly in her hand as she walked into the bedroom.

To her surprise, Jungkook was not lying in bed, or watching television. He was sitting at the table, brush in hand, practising his calligraphy.

Huh?

Lisa quietly walked over to stand behind him. He was wearing his home clothes of a simple cotton T-shirt and shorts, as well as a pair of slippers. His silhouette under the light was both tall and heroic.

She took another look at his calligraphy and discovered that he had mostly written, across several pages, the characters for 'Lisa' and 'Jungkook'. Of course, there were some lines from ancient poetry as well, like A, E, and 'T , U.

There was even a sheet of paper on which the line was written: 'The characters I've written are not as elegant as my wife's, this is bad, very bad. Lisa laughed to herself.

She was just about to hug his neck, when he took up his brush once again and wrote, one slow character at a time, Lisa, my wife.

Lisa looked at him without making any movement. His brush moved like a drifting cloud across the paper as he wrote the next line, 'in the next life, you must not wander away from me. '

He could not help smiling as he finished writing. Then he put down his brush, covered the paper and turned around, only to see her standing behind him.

Lisa suddenly felt awkward without really knowing why, so she instinctively turned to leave. When Jungkook saw her, he paused for a moment, then pulled her towards him in one swift move and laughingly asked, "Why are you running away?"

Lisa replied, "I don't know."

Jungkook hugged her tightly as he said, "It's only in jest, don't think too deeply about it. And, it's not because you are so small, so pigheaded, ah... it always makes me a little anxious."

Lisa wasn't sure where all the surging emotions within her were coming from, as they had theoretically passed the hot-blooded, passionate stage of their relationship. She hid her face in his chest and mumbled,

"Team Leader Jeon, there's no next life. You know very well that's just wishful thinking"

Jungkook simply ruffled her short hair with his hand and laughed softly as he said, "Silly girl."

A perfectly ordinary night had unexpectedly been infused with an abundance of sentimentality. Jungkook released her and said lightly as he stood up, "I'm going to shower."

"Um." All of a sudden, he noticed the scroll of paper in her hand and took it while asking, "What this?"

As Lisa quickly compared her line to what Jungkook had written, she blushed and tried to snatch it back. "Give it to me, it has nothing to do with you." Jungkook took one look at her, then raised his hand high in the air.

There was no way for the frantically jumping Lisa to reach the paper. She grabbed his arm and eventually found herself suspended from it, while he leisurely unrolled the paper with his other hand "今夜季风起应许入九州"

(Broadly speaking, tonight, Jungkook will become active and has been allowed by Lisa or promises to enter some land.)

Jungkook read the line slowly, then laughed aloud. "Good!" Lisa's face was thoroughly red as she turned and walked hesitatingly to the shower. Jungkook persisted in walking right behind her, unhurriedly reciting her lines.

💕