Chapter 22

On Sunday evening, Lisa cooked up a pot of porridge to replenish her body. But there is still half remaining after she eats her fill. Lisa doesn't like to waste food so she decided to have it as breakfast at the station tomorrow. Even then, she won't be able to finish the whole pot. Suddenly, she thought of Jungkook so she sends him a message. "I just made a pot of porridge. There are a lot, do you want to have some for breakfast tomorrow?"

Jungkook quickly replied, "What kind of porridge?"

"Red Bean porridge"

Jungkook replied, "Sure."

Everything continued on fine, Lisa slowly gets used to the evil training. Although Jungkook and her trains together every morning, they don't speak much to each other. Each person focuses on his or her own track. Lisa always prepares breakfast for Jungkook whenever she brings breakfast for herself.

When they do talk, they only ever talk about work-related things. Yang Yu's case is completely finished. Recently, there isn't any big case.

There wasn't any public announcement about the case in order to avoid commotion among the citizens. There are a few people who knows about it though they thought of it as a prank by youngsters. The case didn't have any influence on the society of Lin city.

The whole team knows about how Jungkook trains Lisa to strengthen her physical ability. Everybody gave a few words of encouragement to Lisa right in front of Jungkook at lunch today. All of them said, "while the process is deadly, the result is very bright. Three years back, Jungkook ordered someone to train his or her physical ability. It was a weak officer. He started out running 30 lapses around the track field everyday. He is now strong with 8 packs, he runs well and able to fight well. He is a leader of a station in the west area."

Lisa nods in agreement.

It was only then that Rosé found out that Jungkook personally trains Lisa.

She doesn't come close to chat and laugh with everyone like usual but silently observes the intent smile on Jungkook's face and Lisa's slightly blushing face.

Rosé feels irritated. She has feelings for Jungkook so a part of her felt that this is unacceptable while feeling helpless at the same time. Moreover, she feels a kind of loneliness from being left behind and she can't change the situation.

From the time Jungkook came back, Rosé started to have feelings for him.

She clearly remembered, he wore a black jacket that day. He is big and tall, very eye-catching, more handsome than any other man she has ever met. From that moment on, Rosé felt that he is very excellent whether in his appearance or ability.

If she were to talk about the goal she want to work towards, she can surely say her goal is to be someone like Jungkook. Jungkook and her are of the same type - appearance and ability wise and they are both matured.

However, the man who made her look back at him; the person of high position in the team for some reason chose Lisa as his student. She had to follow officer Wu, an officer who will retire soon. If one only counts the background of an officer, she is already a head lower than Lisa.

He personally trains Lisa every morning now. The two are always together; Rosé suspects something will happen between them.

She doesn't want that and she is afraid to see it happen.

Because he doesn't have any family in the Lin city, Jungkook is almost always the last person to leave the office.

Today, Lisa stays until late because she has to finish a task that Jungkook had given her. Rosé also hasn't left, she isn't sure of her emotions at this moment. She understands that doing this is a bit irrational but she can't help doing it after she heard the fact that Jungkook is training Lisa. Seeing that Jungkook's light is still on, she doesn't want to leave all of a sudden.

At 9 PM, Jungkook turned off the light to leave. Hearing his footsteps, Rosé quickly turns off her computer and stands up then lower her head to reorganize her bag.

Jungkook eyed Lisa who is still focused on typing then looked over Rosé's direction, "Why haven't you left yet?"

Rosé smiles: "I'm leaving, I had something I needed to finish."

Jungkook walked up to Lisa, stopped, "You aren't going home yet? Can you wake up tomorrow?"

Lisa suddenly realized the time, she looked at the clock and said, "Yes" then started to clean up her stuff.

The three of them went down together, Lisa and Jungkook went down to the parking lot to get their cars. Rosé tucks in her sleeves and waved to say goodbye, "Then I'm going first." She turned around feeling a bit disappointed and thinking that she's ridiculous. She feels like she is putting on a terrible show.

"Wait." Just then, she heard the deep voice of Jungkook. Rosé's heart almost fell out of her chest. She turns around to look at him, she can clearly hear her own loud heartbeat.

"There isn't any bus left, how are you getting home?" Jungkook asked.

Rosé shyly rubbed her head, "I forgot about the time... Maybe I can still catch the last bus?"

After saying that, she looked up at Jungkook. However when her eyes met his deep eyes, she looked down, afraid that he can clearly see the hopeful look in her eyes.

Seeing her unnatural look, Jungkook smiled then looked somewhere else, "Let Lisa take you home. Her home is in the same direction as yours."

Lisa and Rosé were stunned.

Lisa turns to Rosé, "Really? The same direction?"

Rosé was quiet for a couple of seconds before she said her home address.

Lisa considered, it is really in the same direction, "Let's go. If we were to work overtime again, we can go home together."

They left the police station, Jungkook drove to the west direction. Lisa drove Rosé to the East direction. Rosé massaged her face, she smiled and said, "Turns out Jungkook knows where we live."

Lisa quietly said, "Yeah."

"Is Jungkook very strict?"

"Of course."

Rosé smiled, "I see that he is normally gentle. Is it fun to practice with him?"

Lisa felt this question is a bit strange. "Fun?" She shook her head, "I don't know, we don't speak much."

Rosé was surprised, but she quickly smiled bright, "Truthfully, I am about to start working out, maybe I will workout with you two."

Lisa turned to look at Rosé.

Rosé was stunned hearing Lisa say, "Are you sure you can wake up at 4:30 AM everyday? You have to run 10 lapses and you cannot rest on Saturday and Sunday?"

Rosé suddenly laughed, raised her hand to pinch Lisa, "Lisa, sometimes you are really cute that others can't help but want to pinch you once." She stopped for a moment then continued, "My house is too far from here. If I can wake up early on the weekends then I will come, if I can't wake up then you have to continue to endure this hardship by yourself."

When Lisa reached the office the next morning, she suddenly felt as if she was struck by lightning in the head.

After a moment, as she came back from the bathroom, she saw a big bouquet of white and red roses on her desk. The bouquet is wrapped by light yellow plaid paper; it looks very pretty and eye-catching

There is a small card placed inside the flower bouquet, the handwriting is beautiful.

You are right, consciousness is very hard to control.

🌙