Chapter 47

Note from author: I've seen a lot of y'all hating on Rosé in this story. She's just in love y'all. I know you are being passionate about Liskook so it's only natural. But I would appreciate it if you could express your opinion in a nicer way. That's all.. Stay safe.. Love ya! Here's another update!!!

Jungkook's body was beyond exhausted, so he was deep in dreamland.

In his dream, the sunlight beat down on the land as he leisurely sat in front of a pond under the shade of a weeping willow with a fishing rod next to him. A slim lady was crouching down with her back facing him with her head hunched over her body. She was clearly up to something as she kept making sounds like ' ding ding, dong dong, hua hua, la la'. It was very noisy.

After a while, the lady turned her head abruptly and threw him a large, beautiful silver fish. "Teacher, you've worked hard in the investigation, here's a fish for you."

It turns out Lisa was catching fish.

Slimy fish scales rubbed against his hand, giving him a wet and tickling sensation.

He lowered his head and looked at the half-dead fish sitting in his hand, then he looked at her. "I'm not eating it."

Lisa was surprised and tilted her head in confusion. "Why?"

He looked at her deep and shiny eyes and replied, "A man only wants to eat a woman, I don't want to eat a fish."

"Oh..."

He thought to himself, 'Lisa, Teacher wants to eat you, and sooner or later, I'm going to.'

🌙

"Captain Jeon, you haven't left yet? Eh, why is the door locked?"

A muffled sound cut short his dream as Jungkook shuddered and woke up. The sunlight, pond, Lisa and the fish in front of him completely disappeared.

Kwangsoo left his key in the office, so he actually went back to retrieve it. He saw that the lights in the office were still on, so he called out to Jungkook. However, when he turned the lock, it did not move.

As he stood there in confusion, the doorknob was opened from the inside, and an unfamiliar lady looked at him with a reddened face "Hello Please come in." When he peeped inside again, Jungkook was just standing up from a chair, and he too was staring at the lady, but with a smile.

Earlier that day, Kwangsoo had heard from his subordinates that Jungkook had a love interest in Lin City, and that she was from the City Bureau too. Looking at the scene now: Midnight, a locked office, a single man and a single woman, need he overthink it? It was clear that he had really come at the wrong time.

Upon looking at his expression, Jungkook instantly realized that he misunderstood the situation. He took another glance at the chair in front of him and the clock on the wall and saw that it was clear that Lisa had arrived some time ago.

Had she been quietly sitting by his side this whole time? No wonder Kwangsoo misunderstood the situation.

The smile on the corner of his lips curled up even more. He could have patiently gone after her in his own low-profile manner, but he would not be responsible for this misunderstanding that she created herself.

He walked to her side and said in a gentle tone, "Lisa, this is Captain Kwangsoo. Greet him."

To Kwangsoo, the way he said these words were indicative of a man instructing his own woman. Everything was crystal clear to him. After all, he was a detective of Xiang Chuan County who was quite skilled in deducing theories, so he laughed in joy. "There's no need to be so polite. This is sister-in-law, right? Hello, I'll be leaving after I get my key."