Chapter 69

Note: The topic of discussion in this chapter might be disturbing for certain readers. Since you've read up till here I guess all of you are mature enough. In case you're uncomfortable, refrain from reading.

The end of the chapter has a little surprise though.

The sun rose up from behind the mountains far away, covering the whole mountain in bright, golden yellow rays. The grass became greener right alongside the corpse, making a silently beautiful but penetrating image.

Jungkook, Lisa, and a few other criminal police officers stood on the outer circle as the forensics team ran some test. After the forensics detective finished the examination, he stood up and walked over. "The time of death is before dawn, the day before yesterday. I suspect that the cause of death is poisoning via potassium cyanide, which is the reason why the corpse has a reddened face. Besides this, her wrists and ankles have scars from being restrained by metal chains, and her vaginal area is red and swollen, with a tear-like wound. There are no other obvious scars, and so, a complete conclusion can only be made after a post-mortem."

Everyone fell silent. From the looks of it, this seemed like a homicide, rape and murder case.

Jungkook asked with a stern look, "Has the identity of the deceased been identified yet?"

Taehyung shook his head. "We're still looking into it."

As the forensics detective carefully shifted the corpse away, Lisa walked over and stared at her white-skinned, gentle side profile.

The criminal police soon spread out to investigate the scene, so Lisa stood in front of the corpse for a while then walked over to Jungkook. He was standing beside the rock walk behind the crime scene, deep in thought.

"Where they chose to abandon the corpse had been thought out properly." He pointed at the traces of soil under the rock wall and said, "There's traces of erosion and aged mudslides over here, which means that once the rainy season is here, the corpse will be buried very quickly."

Lisa nodded. "The culprit doesn't want the corpse to be found."

Jungkook nodded then continued, "There're only a few narrow mountain paths through this mountain, and there are no surveillance cameras anywhere close to this area, so even if the criminal had used a car, it wouldn't have been caught on tape. Additionally, the mountain is full of dense trees and grasses, I'm afraid that it'll be very difficult to find the footprints of the criminal." Right after he said this, he looked over to Lisa but noticed that her face was now looking rather pale.

Seeing that there was nobody around, Jungkook quickly walked to her side. "What's wrong, are you not feeling well?"

Lisa shook her head. "I'm alright, just a little tired."

Along the way, Jungkook had focused entirely on the case, such that he did not bother about her. It was only then that he recalled that she had not eaten anything for the entire day, and since they had hurried here last night, it was no wonder that she was exhausted. Thus, he said softly, "I'll carry you when we leave the mountain later, we'll look for something to eat after we leave."

Lisa felt a warmth in her heart, but there were still criminal police officers from the local county around, so she replied, "You don't have to carry me, it wouldn't be nice to do so around the crime scene, I'm alright."

Jungkook reached out and touched her head. "What's not nice about it? It's only right for a male colleague to take care of a female colleague, and it's not like I can let other men carry you, right?"