Chapter 75

The mountain in front of their eyes towered quietly. This area was the tallest mountain in the area and was said to be the most dangerous as well, such that even the locals rarely hiked up it.

Several teams encircled the mountain tightly as the first group charged up the mountainside. A number of brightly lit flashlights could be seen flashing in the night sky as they began the climb.

The first thing the criminal police did was track Rosé's car. Eventually, they had identified and arrived at this location, but it had already been about six hours since the time she was kidnapped.

Jungkook led a team of people as they climbed up the dark small paths on the mountain. His face was tense and heavy; when the news about Rosé was spread, the whole Criminal Police Unit was deeply sorrowed.

After scaling a steep rock wall, a dense and serene forest appeared in front of them, after which the members of the special force began fanning out to begin their search. After a while, someone shouted out loud, "Over here!"

Flashlights and shadows began to overlap and crisscross in the forest as the group rushed over to the source of the calls. Soon, they saw a human figure lying down on a plot of muddy land in front of them, she was not moving an inch. She was dressed in only a shirt which barely covered her thighs while loads of red and purple marks vandalized her body; her long hair was let down around her shoulders like a waterfall, revealing half of her beautiful face. Who else could it be if not Rosé?

The special force surrounded her and remained silent. Then, Jungkook crouched beside her and held her wrist. Suddenly, he lifted his head and yelled, "She's still alive!"

Lisa waited at the foot of the mountain along with the others.

She was extremely worried as the suspect's rash actions meant that he was already showing signs of mania. At this point in time, he had reached a dead end, thus Rosé was most likely going to be his final meal.

After waiting for some time again, she suddenly saw a team of people running down the mountain road toward them, and one of the men was carrying a person. Lisa heart began to race as she ran forward with the others.

"Doctor!", "Doctor!" Many people were shouting together.

Rosé guided them to the ambulance, where Rosé was wrapped in a wool blanket. Once the standby doctor gave her a quick examination, he breathed a sigh of relief. "She's fine, she just fainted."

A few moments later, Rosé began to regain consciousness and she opened her eyes to look at everyone around her. There was a sense of confusion in her gaze at first, but then she swiftly turned her head to look down; the pain and suffering in her eyes could not be hidden.

"Everything's okay, you're alright now." Lisa reached out and held her hands.

Rosé stared at the grey ceiling above her as tears rolled down her cheeks. Upon seeing the situation, the police officers who were waiting beside the car walked away without saying a word.

Lisa's tears flowed silently too. After some time, she whispered softly. "Don't think about anything now. Get some rest, I'll be right here with you."

When Rosé's eyes met hers, she froze for an instant.

She remembered that she did not escape on her own.

Owing to the fact the drug had not yet worn off, her head was still very heavy, therefore her memories of how she had escaped from the cave was blurry and disorganized.