Chapter 34

Father Kim had always been open-minded and gentle with the way he educated his children. He gave Lisa and Mingyu the freedom to develop their character freely. Thus, Mingyu started his pursuit at a very young age as he believed that money and social status were the keys to success in society. On the other hand, Lisa chose to pursue truth and conscience, which she considered the simplest and most important things in life. This was also the reason why she chose this profession.

The two of them were very busy and sometimes they could not even meet each other once a month. Nevertheless, they did not grow distant. Since everyone had their own strengths, they both respected each other and their relationship only got better with age.

However, if there was anyone around Lisa who could keep such a big secret, it would be Mingyu. Since she would never analyze her brother who loved her unconditionally, she would subconsciously "turn off" when she was with her brother who had always protected her.

Around three or four in the afternoon, there were very few people in the departure hall and only patches of sunlight were shining in. Lisa stood in front of the huge glass window and stared out at the cloudy blue sky above for a while. Then, she turned around and walk towards Jungkook who was standing not too far away from her.

After Jungkook passed the photo to her last night, he said, "You're suspended from all work relating to this case until Mingyu can prove his innocence."

Jungkook was watching the news on his mobile phone with a calm look on his face whilst his tall body leaned against the light blue chairs at the airport. It seemed as though yesterday's accidental discovery had not affected his calm heart in even the slightest.

He noticed that Lisa was standing in front of him and he asked without lifting his head, "Do you have anything to say?"

Lisa stared at his chiseled face and said after a moment of contemplation, "Teacher, as the sister of the suspect, you can feel free to interrogate me."Jungkook's lips slowly curled up as he raised his head to look at her.

Her expression was dignified and, though it was slightly gloomy yesterday, it had now returned to her usual cool look.

Very good.

Since he did not say anything, Lisa continued, "Firstly, I believe that Jisoo was once the woman that he loved the most. Even though he used to have many girlfriends, both of us are very careful and selective when it comes to marriage. This is due to the way that my father educated and influenced us. He had never proposed marriage to another woman..."

Jungkook interrupted her, "What does being careful and selective when it comes to marriage mean specifically?"

Lisa thought for a while before continuing, "To try to only have one marriage, such as to avoid elders and children from being affected by unstable family relationships." "Be faithful to one's spouse until death?"

"You could say that. Yes, that would be the ideal state."

Jungkook smiled lightly. "Very good. Continue."

Lisa felt that the way he said "very good" was a little strange, but that feeling disappeared in a flash. Thus, she did not pay too much attention to it and continued to state her analysis,

"Even so, there isn't sufficient motive for him to kill her.

"Firstly, if they are lovers now, he is successful now so there is no need for them to hide the relationship. The secret lover must be someone else.

"Secondly, even if there is an emotional involvement between Mingyu and Jisoo, I doubt that there is anything beyond that. Mingyu had nothing at all in the past, he was just a young and frivolous youth who might have been crazy about love.