Chapter 38

"I went because I received a message from Jisoo." Kim Jiseok took out his phone and calmly passed it to Jungkook.

Everyone outside the interrogation room was stunned. 'Another message?'

"Husband, I have something important to tell you, can you come to the villa immediately?" The timestamp read 10.40 pm that night, but the sender was not Jisoo, it came from an unknown number.

"This is the private sim card that Jisoo and I used to communicate daily." Kim Jiseok explained.

Taehyung who was seated beside Lisa muttered, "As expected, there's another number. No wonder we couldn't find him in Jung Jisoo's call records."

In the interrogation room, Kim Jiseok raised his deep-set eyes that were like dark pools of water. "It was very late and I was quite surprised too, but since our private sim cards are encrypted only Jisoo and I know the password, I still went."

"I left right after I packed everything as I didn't want my relationship with her exposed." He said indistinctly, "I was the one who covered her with the shirt too. After all, she was my woman."

Kim Jiseok was temporarily released but remained under police surveillance.

There were two reasons why he was released. The first being that based on the route that he mentioned that he took to the villa, the police found a few surveillance recordings which proved that he had arrived at the villa at midnight and left at 1 in the morning. However, upon further inspection of the forensic results of the corpse, they knew that Jung Jisoo had probably already been killed by then.

Secondly, the police had no other direct evidence that proved that he was related to the crime.

Everyone from the Criminal Police Unit immediately called for a quick meeting as Jungkook cut straight to the point. "Jung Jia is the only possible person who could have sent the message."

Rosé added on, "Yes, the message was sent at the same time that Jung Jisoo was killed, but she had no reason at all to send such a message if she was in a dire situation."

Old Wu nodded. "At that time, the eldest child Jung Jinhwan and the second child Jung Misun had alibis. Only Jung Jia was out."

Lisa continued on, "Apparently, nobody knows the password of the private card, but Jung Jia is Kim Jiseok's wife, so it's possible that she figured it out."

Taehyung hesitated. "Not only does the time of the case match, but she also has a motive to commit the crime, so it now looks like Jung Jia is the biggest suspect. However, why did she send this message to get Kim Jiseok to visit the scene? At 10.17 pm that night, Jaehyun received a message too, what exactly happened that night?"

When he said this, everyone fell silent again. There were still a lot of uncertainties such that the case was still unclear and blurry. Suddenly, Jungkook broke the silence. "We'll know once we question her."

Incandescent lights shone on the lady's beautiful yet pale face. She held her hands together tightly and her body was very stiff such that, when compared to her husband's calmness, Jung Jia appeared to be very nervous.

"Give me a cigarette." She sounded a bit hoarse.

Jungkook said, "There's none."

Jung Jia lowered her head and fell silent as Jungkook stared at her. "We want to talk about the message. Kim Jiseok has already given us the details."

Jung Jia said, "What... message? I don't understand."

"Miss Jung, we've already found the highway surveillance videos from that night. You arrived at Lin An Mountain at around 10 o'clock, then stayed until 11 o'clock before you left. Previously, you provided us with a false statement." Old Wu softened his tone, "Regardless of whether you killed her or not, it'll benefit you to be honest."