Chapter 77

The place Chanyeol received treatment was at a private hospital in the city that specialized in oncology. It was neat and felt quite luxurious; normally, very few people frequented there.

On this morning, Da Hu trailed Chanyeol's car as per usual. When he arrived outside the hospital, he watched him walk into the hospital with the help of two assistants. He wore a black hat and a long, thick coat, making him seem tall but also skinny.

Da Hu left his car after a while and followed him. Private hospitals were very much like clubs, one could not enter without a membership. Nonetheless, the receptionist at the entrance was already familiar with him by now, so he just paced in after presenting his police identity card.

At this point, the fact that Da Hu was tracking Chanyeol was no longer a secret. After all, due to Chanyeol's status, he was always accompanied by several high-level bodyguards. It was impossible for Da Hu to track him closely without being noticed. That being said, Da Hu was great at playing his cards, and upon being blocked by his bodyguards on one occasion, he simply walked up to Chanyeol and said politely, "Mr. Park, although Sehun's case has been solved. We are wary of the fact that he may have accomplices who may still want to harm Rosé and her family. As such, I've been ordered to protect you. I hope that you'll cooperate with the police on this matter."

Chanyeol only smiled and waved his hand, signaling to his bodyguards to ignore him.

However, places like exclusive wards were still out of bounds for Da Hu. As such, he quickly took a seat on the bench at the end of the corridor the way he always did. Lately, Chanyeol had been spending long hours in the ward every day. Da Hu was well aware that he would be here for a while.

The ward was furnished to give it a homely feel. Chanyeol sat by the bed in his white shirt and black trousers. Though the doctor had told him that he only had three months left to live, he still took the time to dress himself up. Even now, he looked handsome and kind.

The doctor smiled and approached him. "Mr. Park, you're looking good today."

The doctor was rather young. In actual fact, he was more like a private, highly-paid companion as the patient approached his final checkpoint; at this point, check-ups and treatments were meaningless. After a routine check, the doctor sat down next to him and began talking to him.

A moment later, Chanyeol's phone rang. He apologized and took the call, then hung up after exchanging a few words. He struggled to his feet and apologized once again. "Something came up at the company, I'll have to go back to deal with it. Can I come back later for the rest of the treatment?"

"No problem." The doctor smiled and stood up, just as he was about to open the door for him, he saw Chanyeol wave dismissively. "I'm going this way."

There was a door connecting the neighboring ward to this one, and the doctor quickly realized that Chanyeol was the one reserving the neighboring ward over the last few days. Despite this, he knew that the rich liked their peace and quiet, so he just let it be.

"The person at the door is protecting me for good reason, but it would be inconvenient if he were to follow me as I handle my business." Chanyeol smiled plainly.

Since the doctor had seen Chanyeol greet Da Hu before, he nodded. "I understand, please attend to your matters, Mr. Park."

After Chanyeol left from the neighboring ward, an assistant entered. He removed his coat and smiled at the doctor. "Mrs. Park would like me to ask you about her husband's illness again."

After Da Hu sat in the corridor for some time, he saw a nurse exiting the ward. Thus, he called out to her, "Hey, how are things inside?"

The nurse recognized him, so she twitched her lips out of annoyance. "The check-up is still going on. Why do you ask every day?"