Chapter 79

The temperature on the mountainside was gradually dropping. The sky was gloomy, and snowflakes were starting to fall.

Chanyeol knelt in front of Lisa with a gentle smile on his pale, hollow cheeks. Suddenly, he reached out to brush away some snow that had fallen on Lisa's head, then lifted her chin gently.

"Open your mouth, little girl."

Lisa grit her teeth as her eyes filled with tears. When she thought of Jungkook and their child, she felt a sharp pain pierce her heart.

A cruel grin spread on Chanyeol's face when he saw her silent and futile resistance. As he was about to forcibly feed her the medicine, he heard Rosé laughing behind him. "Haha... Didn't you say that you wanted a child and that you like children? As expected from a psychopath, you would even kill a pregnant lady. I'm glad that I'm not pregnant as you might have even tried to poison our child..." As her voice trailed off, her tone sounded somewhat mournful.

Chanyeol put down the bottle of medicine and turned around to look at her. He spoke to her in a tone that sent shivers down her spine. "Why would you say that? If we had a child, then things wouldn't have turned out this way."

Rosé trembled slightly and took a deep breath. She stared at him and replied, "Then you should let her go.. I beg of you, think of releasing her as letting go of the child we never had."

Chanyeol lowered his head and stood there quietly. He suddenly seemed very dejected and sad.

As Rosé and Lisa looked at him, they both held their breath in fear as tears continued to stream down their face.

After a while, Chanyeol raised his head again. There were also tears in his eyes, but he had a calm look on his face.

"Since you like this child so much... we can kill her, then the child can come with us."

Jungkook and Da Hu rapidly scaled the mountainside.

The thorny forestry was trampled down as they ran haphazardly through the snowfield. However, their surroundings were quiet, and the heavy snowfall had covered all tracks so, at the moment, the two of them didn't even know if they were on the right track.

As they continued to trudge through the bleak landscape, Da Hu's mobile phone rang. He quickly picked it up before reporting to Jungkook, "Captain, reinforcements are getting closer and the helicopter has also just left the city." Jungkook nodded.

Da Hu gasped for air whilst simultaneously asking, "Captain, why the location where the third body was abandoned though?"

Jungkook raised his head but all he saw was an infinite layer of snow falling from above. The rock walls of the mountain loomed above them like a ferocious monster.

"Perfect." He answered softly.

Lisa had once remarked that Chanyeol had invested a lot of effort into the first two victims. The third murder was handled by Sehun, and it was rough and unprofessional, moreover, the deceased was also a very ordinary person. Thus, how could the arrogant Chanyeol bear to let the third case be considered in the same bracket as his own work?

Those who were mentally disturbed had their own beliefs; since he did not have long to live, he would want to make up for this flaw.

The night sky was ominous as Lisa's body was slowly covered in a layer of snowflakes. She sat there quietly like a white sculpture as she watched Chanyeol approach her once again.