Chapter 56

Due to the emergency, Ti Sa drove a military truck and rushed Lisa and twenty other soldiers towards the location of the explosion.

The morning light shone down on the whole street such that every single bit of it was lit up. Even from a distance, they see the fire and smoke, as well as many panicked human figures racing about. Many windows along the street were wide open as curious people stuck their heads out of their houses to investigate the source of the loud noise.

The fire was almost completely extinguished by the time they arrived at the supermarket. The shop that used to be clean and spacious was now covered in rubble and ashes; there was also a thick layer of dust and smoke around them whilst the floor of the building was covered with damaged merchandise and shattered glasses.

There was no signal on their phones either, this was because of an incident in the past where the perpetrators had used telephone-controlled explosions to set off their bomb. Henceforth, the military would cut off all communication networks whenever there was an explosion as a precautionary step to prevent further detonations. As it stood, no one knew when the signal would be back on again.

The other criminal police officers did not head to the crime since they were tasked with their own duties, so it was not like they could neglect their own job. In addition to this, the communication network was not working, so it would still be some time before they could reach them.

In the meantime, Lisa and Ti Sa could only rely on themselves.

Ti Sa gathered a group of soldiers and spoke to them softly, then slapped each of their shoulders, after which the soldiers nodded and charged into the supermarket. When the crowd around saw this scene, their internal discussion became more heated.

Lisa stood alone in the center of the road. Ten meters in front of her was the destroyed supermarket and behind her stood the chattering crowd, whilst cars honked their horns and raced about not far away from her. All the chaotic noise seemed to surge into her head all at once as her head started to throb vigorously.

What she first noticed was Jungkook's car parked by the road opposite the supermarket. This made her heart skip a beat and she immediately took a deep breath to collect herself, then she continued searching.

There were no traces of blood around the supermarket, nor were there signs of anything suspicious. Then, she headed to the alley and was slightly shocked to find the supermarket's backdoor half closed. She peered outside and quickly saw that the floor and walls were covered with splashes of blood - a fight had occurred here.

When Lisa returned to the main road, she saw that the soldiers had completed a thorough search in the whole supermarket only to find no personnel or bodies in the area. This made both Lisa and Ti Sa both breathe a sigh of relief, but their heart remained tense.

The soldiers soon spread out to question the passersby in hopes that they could find a witness.

Since the supermarket was located downtown, the area was densely populated, and in no time they found a clue. When the explosion occurred, a cleaner happened to be cleaning near the back alley of the supermarket. He told them, "I saw people fighting in the alley. There were seven to eight people and they used iron rods to beat up two men."

This verified Lisa's earlier deduction. She took her cell phone out and looked for Jungkook's photo, then she took Zhou Chengbo's photo out from the information kit and showed them both to the cleaner.

"Yes, they were the ones being hit and their bodies were wounded in the process. I was scared to bring trouble upon myself, so I quickly left to clean on the opposite side of the street. A while later I heard an explosion, and when I looked over, I saw the people with iron rods dragging two blood-soaked men into a van."