Chapter 59

The train whistled past the silent wilderness under the blazing sun. Green mountains could vaguely be seen off in the distance, and beyond that, boundless forests.

Lisa leaned against a carriage door and called Mingyu. "... I'll arrive at Lin City tomorrow morning, you don't have to pick me up as I'm going to report to the station first. If there's nothing else I'm hanging up."

"Wait up, how are you feeling? You're not injured, are you? Did you adapt to the weather there?"

Lisa shook her head. "T'll tell you when I'm back." Then, she looked down at her watch. "I'm entering the mountain range in ten minutes, there won't be signal then. I'm going to call Jungkook now." She hung up right after saying this without waiting for a response.

On the other end, Mingyu held his phone and thought to himself, 'Damn, she's going to lose signal in ten minutes, but she only talked to me for two minutes.'

When the call came through, Jungkook was having lunch with a few criminal police officers in a police car. It was afternoon time and the crowded city felt like a stove; after hustling for the whole morning, everyone was dripping in sweat, so they buried their heads in their food and swallowed it in big bites. Jungkook was holding his lunch box and thus, did not look at the caller ID. "Hello, Jeon Jungkook. You may speak."

Upon hearing his low and mellow voice, Lisa felt her heart soften. "It's me." The corner of Jungkook's lips subconsciously curled up into a grin. "Did anything happen?" Lisa paused slightly.

Since the two of them had only parted that morning, it was not necessary for her to call him but she was free with nothing to do, so she instinctively spent her time thinking about him; this was reasonable as it was also the first time she had feelings for anybody.

Hence, she answered honestly, "Nothing. I just miss you."

Her words felt like a refreshing shower on a hot summers day. He suddenly recalled the image in the hotel yesterday, when he was intimately intertwined with her fair-skinned. delicate body, and the way their skin rubbed against each other. All of a sudden, he became distracted and fell silent.

At this moment, the other criminal police officers had set aside lunch boxes and were starting to put on their bulletproof vests again. "Let's go, Jungkook." The Kachin soldiers who were sitting on the ground outside the car also picked up their guns and got up one after another, they were all ready to go.

Jungkook whispered softly, "I miss you too." After pausing for a while, he tilted his head closer to the phone screen and made a soft kissing sound.

When one of the police officers saw what he did, he instantly burst out laughing. It was the first time that Jungkook had done something like that, yet he was not embarrassed, he merely put his phone away and smiled calmly before proceeding to rejoin them.

On the other end of the call, Lisa looked at her phone screen as she sat on her clean bed that was being lit up brightly by the sunlight from the window.

Her face was a little numb and her heart was pounding fast, it almost felt like she had actually been kissed...

Sometime later, Lisa went to the carriage next door and ate lunch with three other criminal police officers. The criminals were all detained in the last carriage whilst the Kachin soldiers would not come to their space so, while they ate, they talked openly about the case.

One of the officers said, "It has been so long, but Brother Lu still eludes our grasp, bloody hell."

Everyone went silent for a while before an old criminal police officer took a puff of his cigarette and replied, "It seems like Brother Lu has huge support from the military."