Chapter 71

It was nighttime and a strong sense of autumn lingered under the moon-lit sky.

Rosé lived in a two-bedroom apartment in the urban area alongside Chanyeol. Tonight they were wearing a matching set of household clothing. Chanyeol looked tall and refreshed and when they saw Jungkook and Lisa at the door, they were both surprised.

The four sat down on the sofa and Chanyeol stood up politely. "I'll go make some tea, you guys go ahead."

There was a short pause when Rosé saw Baekhyun's picture.

"We were high school classmates. I heard about the 'angel killer' incident but I wasn't very familiar with it. What happened?"

Rosé might be in danger but of course, Lisa could not reveal everything regarding the case since she was no longer a police officer. Lisa took out some basic information surrounding the case and handed it to her. Rosé quietly finished reading it and nodded while blushing a little. "Okay, but what does this have to do with me?" Rosé was a little stunned when she saw the sneak photograph.

Jungkook asked, "What is your relationship with him?"

"Just ordinary classmates, we're not that close."

At this moment, Chanyeol came over with some tea and saw the serious look on their faces. He sat down beside Rosé and asked softly, "What happened?"

Rosé raised her head and smiled at him. "Nothing. They came to ask me about my former classmate."

After chatting for a while, Jungkook and Lisa stood up. "That's all for now, we'll stop bothering you."

Rosé smiled back and got up. "T'll send both of you off." She turned around nodded at Chanyeol. "I'll be back soon."

The three of them walked silently all the way to the empty boulevard outside the housing area when Rosé suddenly asked softly, "Lisa, can we talk?" Lisa nodded and Jungkook looked at the two of them before going to wait in his car.

The two of them found a bench and sat down as Lisa looked at her quietly. Rosé raised her head to look at the clear night sky and smiled, "I didn't want to say this because Chanyeol was there just now, but if you go to the school to investigate, you'll find out that Baekhyun and I, we used to date in high school."

Lisa was lost for words. Although she could tell that Rosé was hiding something, she did not expect the two of them to have had such a relationship.

Rosé said softly, "I don't know what to say as I've dated such a monster."

Lisa looked at her sorry expression and frowned. "Did you... love him very much?"

Rosé paused for a moment before she shook her head while chuckling. "Why would I? I was young and ignorant at that time."

Was it love? Rosé did not know.

Towards Jungkook, it was adoration with a strong sense of admiration. After she was rejected, her self-esteem was bruised, but it did not hurt that badly. However, she was, still feeling a little sore about the incident. Therefore, she subconsciously wanted to avoid him now that she was talking about her relationship with Baekhyun.

As for Chanyeol, it was his maturity and sense of belonging that attracted her. His charm and temperament deeply moved her but it was undeniable that his money and status also came into play. He was more like a marriage candidate to Rosé.

What about Baekhyun?

Two equally outstanding teenagers who were both enthusiastic and impulsive, and feeling as though they could love each other forever. Nonetheless, when she thought about it now, all she could do was smile.