Chapter 58

The situation in Northern Burma was hot and anxious, whereas Lin City was calm, warm and pleasant.

The air conditioner in the police station was blasting on full power, releasing a refreshing coolness throughout the office. Since there were no big cases lately, it had been quiet and orderly in the office and everyone was quite relaxed.

Taehyung took a set of documents out from the fax machine and seemed joyful. "This is great, there's news from Myanmar. These few days, Captain and the others have identified more than ten of Brother Lu's strongholds and have also captured around forty people. Now they just have to apprehend Brother Lu herself."

Old Wu smiled when he heard this. "We can get started on the celebrations." Everyone laughed upon hearing this.

Amid the lively discussion, Old Wu set his eyes on Rosé who was sitting diagonally opposite him. She neither joined in the discussion nor lifted her head up, and there was only a faint smile on her fair and beautiful face. When they were getting off work, Da Hu went up to Rosé. "Little Roseanne, can you hand in that report you're working on to me tomorrow?"

Rosé had already turned her computer off, so she took her handbag up and smiled at him. "T'll try my best." She left after saying this.

Soon enough, almost everyone left the office. Taehyung stood in the relative empty office and asked aloud, "Why do I feel that Rosé has been out of it at work lately?"

Da Hu stood by the windows and looked downstairs. Beside the road outside the police station, Rosé was walking towards a Rolls-Royce, whereby the driver got out of the car and opened the back door for her. She smiled sweetly at the person inside the car, then entered gracefully.

"She's found herself a rich man." Da Hu muttered, "No wonder she's been bold enough to slack."

Old Wu sighed softly. " I've talked to her but she's not very willing to communicate. She's quite a good child, but couldn't make her stay."

Taehyung jaw dropped. "You're saying that Rosé has decided to quit?"

Old Wu did not reply, but Da Hu sneered, "It's obvious, how can you not tell? Her heart's not even here anymore."

🌙

During sunset, Maija City looked much more peaceful and tranquil with the warm glow of washing over the land.

The streets that used to be bustling and vibrant were all but closed, such that they looked cold and deserted. As for the locals, after days of terror brought on by continuous gunshots, they too finally felt like peace had been restored.

Lisa was getting so exhausted as she arranged the last sets of data that her vision was starting to get blurry, She walked over to the window and stretched her numb body, then lowered her head to see Jungkook and a few other criminal police officers returning to the hotel after getting out of a car.

The operation had gone perfectly. Yesterday, Sun Pu had brought four criminal police officers away to continue the search for Brother Lu whereas Jungkook, Lisa, and three others stayed back in Maija City to wrap things up.

Lisa smiled and walked leisurely to the basin to wash her hands, then she took the first aid kit out and waited. After a while, as expected, she received a message from Jungkook. "Come over if you're free."

Jungkook had been badly injured after saving Zhou Chengbo, and while most of his injuries were only flesh wounds, there was a knife wound on his left upper arm which was particularly deep. On top of that, the weather here was scorching so it was easy for the wound to get infected, so both Lisa and him made sure to keep a close eye on it.