Chapter 61

The forest was so dark that it seemed like it was endless. Lisa leaned against a boulder while gasping desperately for air. At the same time, she observed the man and woman opposite her out of the corner of her eyes. Brother Lu's leg had been injured by one of the many traps laid around the area. She had accidentally stepped onto a trap due to the fact that her attention was on Lisa, and her leg instantly became a bloody mess.

With just one of them injured, their traveling speed was greatly reduced. Moreover, Lisa wanted to escape, but she knew she would not be able to.

Brother Lu was sitting on a tree stump with a tense look on her face from the pain while Suho squatted in front of her and lifted her foot to bind it up with a bandage that he carried with him. "Suho, take her and leave. I'll stay here." Brother Lu suddenly said.

Lisa was slightly stunned, but she heard Suho reply, "No."

Brother Lu kept quiet for a moment and answered, "My blood will lead the police to us sooner or later."

Suho suddenly stood up, grabbed her chin and looked at her closely. After a while, he let go of her and shook his head.

"We'll go together."  Brother Lu did not say anything, but she had a determined look on her face.

However, the two of them were indeed a very powerful couple. After a long night of running, they actually managed to escape from all the traps that had been laid out for them, and before long, they neared the border of Laos.

By now, the sun was rising to reveal a mist-covered valley ahead of them. At the end of the valley, there was a powerful river, which was right before the border to Laos.

Suho turned around and looked at Lisa. " I'll let you go after we reach the border."

Lisa was surprised, and Brother Lu frowned. "You want to keep this troublemaker alive?"

Suho shot a glance at her and tacitly agreed to with her statement.

"She will definitely give information to the police officers if you let her live, so how far will we be able to go then?"

"I'll knock her out and throw her by the riverside."

Brother Lu wanted to continue the argument, but Suho looked at Lisa coldly with his eagle-like gaze and said in a determined tone, "She's more qualified to live in this world than many other people."

Lisa and Brother Lu did not say anything.

The stream of the river was flowing rapidly as the sun rose from behind the distant mountains. The bright sunlight illuminated the valley, whilst the river shimmered beautifully as it reflected the light.

Suho stood in front with his gaze fixed on currents, trying to find the best spot to cross the river.

Lisa's hands were tied behind her back with ropes and she was beyond exhausted at this point. She looked at the flowing water and tried to suppress the faint restlessness in her heart because she knew that Jungkook must be somewhere nearby. She needed to wait for him - surviving would be her greatest victory.

She was gasping slightly and was just about to forcibly take a piece of paper from her pocket when she felt a strange pressure in her heart, so she turned her head.

Brother Lu looked at her silently and slowly raised her gun. Since Suho's back was facing the two of them, he did not notice that Brother Lu was now aiming a gun at Lisa.

Lisa looked down the black muzzle of the gun and her mind instantly went blank. Then, she felt her body stiffening involuntarily as her palms started to sweat.