Liskook part 2

The Record of Receiving the Certificate

The next day, the two of them went to the Civil Affairs Bureau. Afterwards, each of them held a little red booklet, and both were smiling, although silent.

When they got back into the car, Jungkook said, "I'll give my parents a call."

Lisa: "Ok"

Jungkook had earlier told his family that he would be receiving the certificate within the next few days. Today, he had finally had his wish fulfilled, and he could not keep his happiness from his voice.

"Ma, Lisa and I have received our marriage booklets. Yes, I've not been too busy recently and my health is fine. Lisa is okay, too. How's dad? Let me talk to him, too."

After a while, he passed the phone to Lisa, saying, "My dad wants to talk to you."

Lisa smiled a little as she took the phone, and said, "Uncle," Before Jeon Senior could reply, Jungkook had already pinched Lisa's nose, and commented, "You should correct your words."

Lisa flushed slightly. It was still a little difficult to call him Father' so quickly.

Jeon Senior had also heard what Jungkook had said, and he laughed as he told Lisa, "Slowly, slowly! How's your appetite, dear? Let Jungkook handle everything, and take care of your health, ok?"

Lisa said softly, "All right... Father. You take care of yourself, too."

Jeon Senior replied, "All right! That's great!"

While Lisa was still talking to Father Jeon, her handphone rang. Retrieving it from her bag. she saw that it was Mingyu, so she tossed the phone to Jungkook and indicated that he should talk to him first.

Jungkook accepted the call, and, in a voice as clear and cheerful as a spring breeze, said, "Older Brother, this is Jungkook. Lisa's on the phone."

On the other end of the line, Mingyu froze for a split second. The two of them were roughly the same age, and Jungkook had always addressed him by his name. What strange wind was blowing today? Why on earth would he call him 'older brother'?

Mingyu's reaction was lightning quick as he asked, "Have you received the certificate?"

"Yes, just now."

At this point, Lisa had finished her call with Father so Jungkook laughingly passed the phone to her. After Lisa had given Mingyu a full report on that day's Marriage Registration, Jungkook hugged her shoulders and said, "Let's call our Dad."

Lisa was startled-didn't they just speak to his father?

Then, she quickly realised - he was referring to her father. Wow! He'd slipped into that mode of address so easily.

Putting the handphone to one side, she took hold of his face with both hands and turned his head gently from side to side. After a moment's examination, she nodded, saying, "Thicker than mine by quite a bit."

Jungkook seized her restless hands and held them firmly in his own. With his face full of laughter, he said, "Madam, you praise me too much."

After that, he could not resist closing the car windows and kissing her for a while, before he finally released her.

With a winsome smile, Lisa said, "Third Brother, let's go to the harbour restaurant to eat...

Jungkook interrupted her, "What did you call me?"

"...Husband."

"Ah," he softly grunted. In the sunlight, his black eyes glinted like stars, but his voice was low and warm, and tantalisingly alluring. "Say it again."

Lisa felt her insides melt. Looking at his handsome and compelling face, she found herself unable to stop gazing at him as she uttered, "Husband."

"Ah," he said simply. He started to drive off, then glanced at her again. Say it a few more times, don't stop."

Lisa could not help but laugh. "Husband, husband, husband... I'll say this forever and ever! Are you satisfied now?"

The car slowly moved into the higher elevations and joined the endless stream of traffic on the roads. Looking around, Lin City shone brilliantly in the sunlight. Splendidly decorated, tall buildings were everywhere. The view was pure and fresh, giving off an aura of prosperity at the same time. Jungkook held in his laughter as he concentrated on driving. Meanwhile, Lisa leaned on his shoulder, looking at the bright blue sky and the clean white clouds. Without realising it, she fell asleep.

This spring morning is just right. We are brimming with joy-in love, inseparable and interdependent. We are not afraid of the storms that may pass, as we will never turn our backs on our profound emotions that run deeper than the deepest oceans.

💕