Chapter 3

At the same time at city Lin, the lights are bright.

The ring goes off to tell that work time is over. Rosé did not intend to leave. She still wanted to look over the documents and also suggested that she'll help out to order to-go for everybody who was working overtime. Some people came up and surrounded her.

Lisa took out her purse wanting to say goodbye to everyone; however, after standing for some time, nobody noticed her. She wasn't used to talking loudly so in the end, she just quietly left. Kim Mingyu's car was already by the sidewalk. This was the high point of the day so the light of the sunset and the light of the streetlight shone through the door of the car onto his charming face. To complete the picture, with his black suit, Mingyu wore the appearance of a rich man in this city.

Lisa opened the door to get in the car. After a while on the road, Mingyu quietly watched over his sister. He saw that her hands were on her knees obediently with a dark expression on her face while her feet were tapping on the carpet which had just been changed slightly.

Mingyu felt a bit funny. He knew all his sister's habits. Whenever she was unhappy, she liked to kick things; whenever she was focusing, she often used her fingers to tap on her knees just like a man would.

"Everything is good at work?" Mingyu smiled while asking.

"Not bad."

This meant very well. Mingyu smiled closing his eyes, then used one hand to take out his tie to throw it on the back seat. He opened the window letting the evening wind blow in. They weren't the type of people who talked a lot, so they're both quietly looking at the scenery outside.

At this time, Lisa's phone rings. Her expression changed as she see the name which appeared as the caller.

Mingyu asked: "Who is it from?"

" Mr Jeon, vice-captain of the criminal investigation team." Today, Lisa went over all the information of everyone in the team so she remembered everyone's phone number. It seemed that he had decided to lead her. She felt quite happy all of a sudden.

She felt pressure to face him so she calmed herself down before taking the call: "Hello!"

"Hello, this is Jungkook." A deep voice comes from the man on the other end.

"Hello, sir."

"I will come back after a week. Before that time, you have to look over all the unsolved cases in the past years and analyze them."

" Yes, sir."

"Next month, we will team up with the police team. You have to gather all the documents that are related to it."

"Yes, sir."

Lisa replied without hesitation to Jungkook's order for her to work on several complex works. At last, he stopped, however, Lisa remained silent and waited for him to continue.

And at the other end, there were noises of people talking along with loud music playing. Jungkook spoke something to someone next to him. After a couple of seconds, he only faintly said: " Lisa, do you have any questions to ask me?"

His voice still carried laughter. Lisa thought for a moment.

"Nothing at this time."

"Alright, goodbye."

"Goodbye."

Hanging up the phone, Lisa lay out in her head what Jungkook had given to her. She looked up and was surprised to find Mingyu staring at her.