Chapter 62

It was already evening when the plane landed in Lin City. Everything darkened with the setting sun, the lighthouse in the distance sparked like a jewel.

There was a group of influential looking people in the arrival lounge. Jungkook and Director Sun at the front were greeted heartily by the provincial leader, with flashes from the reporters' cameras.

Jungkook saw a young man next to the provincial leader but he was not surprised. He smiled and said, "Secretary Hua." Secretary Hua smiled and said, "Your brother was worried so he sent me here to see you. Is everything going well?" Jungkook nodded "Everything is going smoothly."

The provincial leader who was standing by the side laughed and said, "Jungkook is the model of the security system in our province. No criminal can escape his grasp if he gets involved. Director Jeon can rest assured."

Lisa, being last to disembark, appeared finally, accompanied by Da Hu and Taehyung, representatives of Lin City's police.

They couldn't reach her and so could only ask from afar with concern. "Are you all right? I heard that you were held hostage? Are you injured?" Lisa was warmed by their concern and answered their questions patiently.

And when they had finished their questioning, they turned to look for Jungkook and his group.

It was getting late. There was nothing else planned tonight but Lisa and Jungkook had to attend a commendation ceremony at the provincial department in the morning. So when Lisa saw that the crowd had dwindled, she bid farewell to Da Hu and the rest. "Then I'll go home first, see you all tomorrow." Everyone nodded.

Right at this time, she saw a familiar figure step out from the crowd. It was Jungkook. He stood straight and looked even taller in the shadows. A little smile on his face made him look even more vivid and radiant. He first greeted Da Hu and the others who quickly asked him many questions excitedly.

Lisa looked at him and smiled.

He caught her smile and walked towards her. Those who knew smiled knowingly. Even those unaware of their relationship noticed immediately. Lisa reacted calmly to his gentle smile "Teacher."

Jungkook placed a hand on her shoulder, looked at her with quiet dark eyes and said, "I can't leave now. How will you get home?" Lisa's face flushed and his hand seemed to burn the soft skin on her shoulder.

She stared at his shirt blankly, "My brother will come to pick me up." "Okay. see you tomorrow."

He stared at her, eyes smiling. "Have a good rest." "Okay." Lisa replied, her head lowered.

Only then did he remove his hand and turned to bid farewell to Da Hu and others. A few officials looked at him amused. Secretary Hua clearly saw too but he smiled and remained silent. Jungkook was not the least embarrassed as he openly cared for his girlfriend. He got into the car with the leaders and left.

Lisa had to take the airport's shuttle bus with the rest of the team. On the way, some looked at her knowingly but an older woman from the Logistics Department of the City Bureau asked outright, "Little Lisa, are you in a relationship with Captain Jeon?" Many looked over and Lisa could only answer, "Yes."

But when Lisa arrived at the exit, she saw Mingyu in the crowd, dressed in white shirt and trousers. His handsome, yet laid back look, was extremely attractive.

When Mingyu saw his sister, a smile appeared on his face. He went over to help with her luggage and caressed her head. He could see that she was obviously more tanned and her face thinner. Thus, he frowned and said, "Don't go to horrible places like that in the future." Lisa could not help but laugh.