Debbie Ocean | 𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝓷𝓸𝓽?

"What is this? It looks so boring. I can do it better in my sleep." Says one of the girls. Her friend just laughed at her comments.

I rolled my eyes and murmured as they slowly walked away, "Blöde Kuh (Stupid bitch)."

"Aber echt, unverschämt! (For real, rude!)." A woman's voice coming from my left side.

I turned my face to my left, then I saw a beautiful woman standing not so far away from me. She gave the girl a side-eye then she looked at me and chuckled.

"Du sprichst deutsch? (You speak German?)" I asked. I tried to act cool and hide my embarrassment.

"Naja, ich bin deutsch, also ja. (Well, I am German, so yes)." She laughed.

I laughed nervously, "shit.. I thought nobody would understand." I murmured to myself hoping she didn't hear me.

"Relax.. I did that too.. so many times." She said jokingly.

I feel like I want to slap myself because I can't stop embarrassing myself in front of this beautiful lady.

"Debbie." She introduced herself and extended her hand to me.

"Y/n." I replied, shaking her hand.

"So.. you German?" She asked.

"No.. I'm not.. But I learned German back when I was still in high school. I actually only remember a little bit." I explained.

"Let me guess.. all you remember is cuss words?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well.. not just cuss words but yeah.. mostly." I laughed. She laughed too. "Sometimes it's fun to cuss at people in other languages. Because they don't understand shit, so then they won't fight back." I said.

"That's so true," she nodded in agreement. "Anyway.. were you coming here with friends?" She asked, looking around.

"No.. my friends don't like museums." I told her.

"That's too bad." She said. "Well.. how about you accompany me exploring the museum? Only if you want to."

"Of course!" I replied way too quickly. "I mean.. it sounds more fun than doing it alone, right?"

Debbie just chuckled at my response making me blush really hard. What's wrong with me? I've never been so nervous towards strangers like this before! For heaven's sake pull yourself together y/n!

We started walking around the Met, sharing thoughts about all of the art pieces and the exhibit we saw. We also started to get to know each other like where we're from, what brought us here, who's our favourite artist, and other stuff like that.

"So what are you doing in New York? Vacation?" She asked.

"Yeah.. well.. I actually came here to attend the Met Gala." I said. "Also to see a fashion show of my favourite designer, Rose Weil. If you ever heard of her. She was really big in the nineties. People say she's not doing so great lately. And I want to see it myself."

Debbie smirked and gave me a weird look. "Met Gala, huh? Hmm.. you must be someone important or at least famous," she said.

I laughed. "Unfortunately no. It's just.. my mother is a good friend of Anna Wintour. So since she knows I'll be travelling around the states including New York, she invited me to the Met Gala." I said.

"That's still amazing though.. only selected people who can get invitations to that event."

We continued our tour around the Met for another few hours until the staff there told us that the museum will be closing in 30 minutes.