Joyce Byers | 𝓦𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓝𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻

Request by joycebyersgf & joyceismine
I'm sorry for taking so long.. I hope you guys like the story.. enjoy reading..

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Joyce Byers was a single mother who just moved from Hawkins, Indiana, to Lenora Hills, California, with her three children. Before she moved, a big unexplainable incident in Hawkins killed her boyfriend, Bob. After Bob's death, Joyce and Jim Hopper, the chief of the Hawkins police and Eleven's dad, grew closer; but he suddenly disappeared after they closed the gate to an alternate Dimension called the Upside Down. That's why Joyce decided to adopt Eleven and take her to California.

Being a single mother wasn't easy for Joyce, she had to fulfil her children's needs no matter what. Luckily, she found a job not long after she moved in. She worked from home selling encyclopaedias by phone to make ends meet. She liked that job because she didn't have to leave her house for work, which meant she had the chance to watch over the kids anytime they were home.

Months passed, and the kids seemed to adapt to the new school just fine. At least that's what Joyce assumed. They lived a normal and simple life, away from all the strange things that happened in Hawkins.

Today, after the kids went to school, Joyce made a few phone calls to sell her books as usual. She dialled random numbers from the phone book. It always worked and went well so far. But this time, Joyce accidentally made a mistake. Her finger slipped and pushed the wrong number. But she didn't notice that.

Joyce : "Hello? Mrs. Arnez?"

... : "Hello?"

Joyce : "Mrs. Arnez? Yes. Hello. Hi.. My name is Joyce Byers from the Scholastic Company.."

... : "Huh?"

Joyce went silent for a second. She started to think something wasn't right. The response was unusual. The person on the other end of the phone seemed confused when she said the name. But then Joyce decided to keep going.

Joyce : "Mrs. Arnez, I know you are probably confused why I call you and how I got your number? Well.. I've got your number from the phone book and I'm calling you to introduce you to a new and easy way to get information.. about everything.. with my book! Mrs. Arnez.. let me ask you something.. have you ever wished you could have the answer to any question, right at your fingertips?"

... : "uhh.."

Joyce : "...Just imagine, you'd never have to go to the library again.. or.. hey, think about the money that you'll save on gas alone.."

... : *silence*

Joyce : "It's a good offer, right Lucille? Can I call you Lucille?"

... : "Uhmm.. Oookay?"

Joyce : "Our books have everything you need to know."

... : *chuckled*

Joyce : "Uhmm.. Mrs. Arnez.. is everything okay?"

... : *laughs* "Well.. actually Ms Byers, I think you called the wrong number."

Joyce : "Did I? But that's impossible. I'm sure I dialled the right number. I never called wrong number. This is Mrs. Arnez, right? Lucille Arnez?"

... : "No darling.. my name is y/n. Y/n y/l/n. And this is definitely not Mrs. Arnez. You're in fact calling a private hotline right now."

Joyce : "P-Private hotline?"

Y/n : "Yes dear.. this is a private hotline. To be more specific.. it's a phone sex hotline."

"