16. Love Letters

It was night

It was night.

The stars were shining like little planets in the pitch black sky. It reminded him of Jungkook's pretty galaxy-like eyes. Gosh, anywhere he went, anything he looked at reminded him of his beloved angel.

The fire next to him was warming his skin, little flames flowing up as he took in the night breeze.

The king and his army were currently taking a break. They've been walking for more than 10 hours now. Everyone needed to rest in order to have enough energy for the actual war. They've crossed the ocean with their ships and are halfway through their destination.

"Your majesty, you got a letter." one of his guards bowed as he gave the king his letter. Taehyung thanked him before opening the said letter.

Of course it was from his dear Jungkook. He'd recognize his hand writing very easily. He had the most organized and soft handwriting he's ever seen. It was delicately cursive and written with passion. He couldn't hold in his excitement as he started reading it.

"My love, my hope, my king. I didn't start a countdown when I gave you the choice between life and death. There's no time limit for my love for you. I'm patient, yet I don't want to miss out on any precious time with you. There is no place you have to find me. Just cry out to me and I will come to you in your dreams. Wherever you've gone, my grace has followed you. Whatever you've done, my blood has covered you. I miss your gentle touch that sends goosebumps all over my body. I miss the hot burning passing that runs through my veins whenever you kiss me. I miss you my king. My Taehyungie."

Sincerely, Jeon Jungkook

Taehyung's eyes became wet and sparkly as he clutched the letter close to his chest. The things Jungkook was doing to his heart was unexplainable. Oh how he misses his angel. How many days has passed without seeing his favorite person in the world.

Taehyung rolled up the letter and placed it in his pocket. He got up to write a letter back to Jungkook. To let him know that the love he has for him is what keeps him strong at a time like this. Jungkook is his only reason why he's so confident about this war. He'll win it for Jungkook. He'll win so that he can go back and embrace him very tightly.

Once the king took a seat, he grabbed a paper and some ink to start writing his letter in a sharp cursive handwriting.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my love, my life, my angel. How I wish to feel your delicate touch on my skin. How I wish to taste those sweet rosy lips. How I wish to stare at your universal eyes and get lost in them. This distance won't stop me from thinking of you. My love is higher than any sky in existence and stronger than any being that lives in this world. I can't explain through words the things I feel for you. My heart is filled with you and you only. You're the reason I wake up everyday to fight any obstacles that come through my way. You're my reward, the ecstasy that I want to get lost in. I see you in my dreams, you bring light into my life. Wait for me my little light. I will fight for my life just to be in your warm arms again. Just wait till I arrive home, to my home that is ingraved in my heart."

Sincerely, Kim Taehyung

By the time he finished reading the letter, his dolly eyes flushed with water. His lips were bitten from how much emotions he felt inside.

Jungkook wiped his tears as he kissed the letter, the part where the king's name was specifically placed in. He felt empty. So empty waking up alone. He was craving his warm touch. He was craving the feeling of being home. The home he liked to call Taehyung.

Jungkook stood up and walked to the kings bed. He laid down and felt more emotional when his nose came in contact with the material. Taehyung's smell still lingered there. It felt as if he was still there, but he wasn't.

Jungkook hugged a pillow and curled the blanket around his body. His eyelids became heavier each second he blinked. He hugged the pillow tighter, imagining it was Taehyung.

The night was hard for both of them. Taehyung's mind was filled with stress. Tomorrow is when they'll attack. Tomorrow is the day where he either comes out alive or dead. Tomorrow is the final day when god decides if it was the last time he saw Jungkook. If it was the last time they saw each other.

Yet that little spark of hope was lingering in their head. The hope of seeing each other again. The hope of feeling each other's touch again. The hope of seeing that smile they both craved. They could only hope for tomorrow. Hope. Only hope.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading this. I purple you. 💜💜💜