28. Guilt

I'm genuinely thankful that you all take your time to read this

I'm genuinely thankful that you all take your time to read this. It motives me so much. Thank you for keeping up with me. Have a good day.

Taehyung opened the curtains as he got out of the shower. He grabbed a towel to ruffle his hair, water droplets flying everywhere. He didn't bother drying his body so he just wrapped a towel around his waist.

He entered their room and shivered from the cold air. His eyes ran around the room, looking for a certain someone.

Taehyung furrowed his brows when he noticed a curled up ball under the bedsheets.

"That brat...I told him not to sleep." the king chuckled, not surprised. He made his way towards the walk in closet to put clothes on his already dry body.

Taehyung made his way to the bed, sliding himself next to the sleeping beauty. His face was covered and his hair was peeking out of the sheets.

Taehyung turned sideways and leaned on his elbow. He tugged at the material before softly moving it to reveal a pouty Jungkook who barely managed to open his eyes.

"You weren't sleeping?" the older laughed. Jungkook whined before huffing.

"I was about to...." he closed his eyes but Taehyung interrupted him.

"No baby, we need to talk. It's serious." Taehyung took his soft hand and pecked it.

Jungkook smiled and nodded sleepily.

"Mhmkay"

Taehyung took a deep breath.

You can do it!! He cheered for himself before starting to talk.

"Well...after I had a talk with Raea's dad, he sent a letter to my father asking for a deal." he said while still holding the younger's hand.

"What deal?" Jungkook carefully asked, he was kind of anxious about it.

Taehyung licked his lips in nervousness and sighed.

"I-i don't know how to tell you this." he buried his face in Jungkook neck, inhaling his vanilla sent. That always comforted him.

"Its alright hyungie....you know you can tell me. I won't be angry at you." Jungkook softly mumbled, brushing his hands through Taehyung's hair.

The older looked up, eyes looking anywhere except Jungkook's.

"H-he suggested that in order to ask for forgiveness, he wants to set up a marriage with me and Raea. I-i don't want that. Baby, believe me but my dad is forcing me. I'd hate every inch of myself if I married her but you know I can't go against my father." Taehyung's voice came out shaky, hands slightly twitching.

Jungkook widely opened his eyes. Sleep was long gone.

M-marriage? Raea and Taehyungie? M-my Taehyungie?

Jungkook shook his head.

No! No!

"That's....that's a joke right hyungie? Were you trying to prank me. HaAhA didn't work. You can stop now..." Jungkook fake laughed.

Taehyung looked at him, his eyes giving it away. The younger shook his head again. His bottom lip trembling in sadness.

"I'm so sorry baby. I can't do it otherwise. Father told me either I marry Raea but still see you or either I don't marry her but never see you again. Gukkie I can't live without you. I'd rather marry that rat and still see you. I-i don't know what to do otherwise. I'm so sorry bunny." he apologized, feeling disappointed for not being able to talk for himself.

Jungkook sniffled, a hand covering his mouth to not break down. He took deep breaths to calm down.

"There's n-no other way?" he asked hopefully.

Taehyung shook his head. He felt awful, so awful. What kind of king is he when he can't even stand up for himself, let alone for the one he loves.

"This is so stupid. I don't even know how things took a turn like that. I feel so lost." Taehyung stood up. He walked towards the open windows, breathing in to calm himself down.

Jungkook followed him, holding his stomach in comfort.

Taehyung felt himself relax once Jungkook's arms were wrapped around his waist.

"Hyungie, we'll figure this out. We need to be strong for this. You know you can't keep letting people control your life. You're the king, not them." Jungkook softly said.

Taehyung clutched the window frame.

"Gukkie, we can't do anything. They'll send you away if we don't comply."

"Please hyungie, don't give up so easily. I can talk to your father, maybe I can convince him." he suggested.

"No kook, you don't get it. He won't even listen."

"But I can-"

"JEON JUNGKOOK, KNOW YOUR FUCKING PLACE. DO YOU THINK HE'LL LISTEN TO YOU? ONE WRONG MOVE AND HE'LL CRUSH YOU. THIS ISN'T EVEN YOUR PLACE TO ARGUE!!" Taehyung burst out in anger, pushing Jungkook in the process.

The younger whimpered when he harshly landed on his back, hurting his stomach in the process.

Taehyung widened his eyes.

"R-right....sorry...who am I? Just a lowlife, j-just someone you pitied and let inside your mansion." Jungkook sniffled as he weakly stood up, clutching his big stomach in pain.

He was reminded again. Reminded of who he was. Horrible flashbacks came back to his mind.

Taehyung's heart dropped.

"No, no baby, that's not-" Taehyung came closer but Jungkook flinched in fear.

Taehyung felt a sting in his heart.

"So that's how you think of me?" Jungkook quietly asked, his voice coming out heavy.

"No gukkie please, I didn't mean to say that, didn't mean to push yo-"

Taehyung stepped closer again but Jungkook backed away. Anxiety clouding his head.

"N-no please don't come closer. You'll hurt the baby, please." Jungkook cried as he kept shielding his stomach.

He couldn't think straight. The memories of his past taking over him. He feared that somebody will take the baby away from him.

"Jungkook please." Taehyung was about to grab his hand when Jungkook slapped it away.

"No, no stay there I'm begging you." he yelled as he reached for the door, pushing it to open as more tears streamed down his bloodshot eyes.

Taehyung tugged at his hair and crouched down.

"God, I'm so stupid." he harshly pulled at his hair in anger. Feeling so guilty.

The only one who listened to him. The only one who cared about him. The only one who loved him. Yet he hurt that person.

With a heavy feeling in his heart, the older felt his eyes shut, stress and tiredness taking over him.

---------------------------------------------------------Hehe