49. Lips soft and warm

Taehyung shivered from the cold air

Taehyung shivered from the cold air. The sun was setting and the wind has picked up.

The weather has been getting colder each passing night, indicating it's the middle of autumn.

Hours passed by and people got tired. Some went inside for a break while others stayed outside to continue searching.

Taehyung felt drained, physically and mentally.

He hasn't slept yet, not even once.

He denied Jimin each time the older suggested him to take some rest.

How could he?

His mind was clogged with unwanted thoughts, guilt constantly eating him up from the inside.

He felt like he was responsible for all of this.

There were so many ways to prevent this from happening.

He could have locked the doors better, could have ordered more guards to protect his room, could have done so much more...

But who knew this was coming?

Just when everything started settling down, another event had to chase him like a bug and bite him in the ass.

Taehyung's tired eyes looked around the fallen woods.

His body was desperate for sleep but the little hope in his heart kept him going.

Taehyung looked at the purple sky, a relaxed sigh leaving his mouth as the wind gently swirled through his hair.

His neck felt strained and his legs felt sore.

Thinking a short one minute break won't do anything, he took a sit on the ground.

Just now he realized how bad his back hurt, his whole body in fact.

Gently laying on his back, Taehyung turned sideways and let his stiff body relax.

His heart tugged at the memory of Jungkook's last smile.

If he was there one minute earlier, they'd be safely resting right now with Victor cuddling in the middle.

Taehyung touched the big peace of wood he was facing.

His deep longing eyes filled with aching tears. Fingers softly caressing the lines on the wood.

He sniffed and let his hand fall limp on the ground, not noticing another hand next to it.

It went on like this until he opened his eyes, looking at his hand and now noticing someone else's hand nearby.

He furrowed his brows and a sudden wave of realization slapped his head.

"Oh my god, that can't be..."

He quickly stood up and bent to lift up the big peace of wood.

However, it was extremely heavy.

"Oh, come on!!"

Legs shaking and hand covered in cuts and bruises, he managed to lift it up halfways.

Groaning in pain, Taehyung gave it one last push, the peace of wood falling to the other side with a loud  thud.

Taehyung fell back and caught his breath. His shoulder that got burned is now leaking blood but he stood up anyways.

Running towards the mysterious body, the king gasped in shock.

It was no other than Jeon Jungkook.

Nonetheless, he looked awful, awfully dead.

His body looked stiff, clothes torn apart and large bruises along with burns covering his body.

He had dried blood on one of his arms and a couple stains on his upper body.

Despite the dark burns on his skin, he'd recognize Jungkook anytime.

A new sign of life brightened his face as he leaned closer to Jungkook.

"JIMIN! JIMIN COME HERE. I FOUND HIM!!"

Taehyung yelled out.

As if on cue, Jimin rushed towards Taehyung along with his other friends and a couple of guards.

Taehyung placed two fingers on his neck, checking his pulse.

"Its there, but it's very faint. He needs help, as soon as possible!"

"Thank god." Jimin smiled and wiped his tears.

Not wasting a second, Taehyung carefully lifted him up, the tiredness in his body long forgotten.

"Jimin, let the doctors know we're heading their way and make sure everything is prepared. His body was heavily crushed and we can't waste a minute." he ordered.

Jimin energetically nodded and marched towards the doctors, the guards running after him like lost puppies.

"Hang in there angel. There's no way I'm letting you go now, never. Everything will be alright, just please hold on for hyung." Taehyung pecked his lips, not caring that they're covered in wounds. His lips were still so soft and warm.

He ran inside the mansion, heading straight towards the hospital room.

Thankfully, everything was set so Taehyung carefully layed Jungkook down.

"Don't worry sir, we'll do our very best and everything we can to save Mr. Jeon." one of the doctors reassured him, putting on plastic gloves.

"You all better do your best or else I will personally make him wake up and slap each of you in the face. And you know, nothing is worse and embarrassing than getting slapped by the Jeon Jungkook himself. So I expect you to all complete your work so good luck."

They all nodded in fear, knowing that there's nothing worse than getting on Junkook's bad side. And that's because Jungkook hating them means no more huggies from the little one.

And who wouldn't want huggies from the little bun bun?

So that's why, with more confidence and determination set in their minds, the doctors started their job while Taehyung stayed outside the room, silently preying for things to work out.

                                                  words: 868
_______________________________________