44. One Last Hope

[back in the living room]

An awkward silence took over the room.

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim stood still, not wanting to interrupt Taehyung who was trying to calm down.

"I suggest you also leave Mr. Wig. There's no other reason for you to stay here." a deep voice caught everyone's attention.

Mr. Wig anxiously bit his lip, not knowing what else to say. He sighed and nodded.

"Was nice to see you, Mr. Kim."

With that, he turned around and left.

"Baby bear-"

Before Mrs. Kim got to finish her sentence, Taehyung had already left the room.

Both parents wearily looked at each other before agreeing to go after their son to calm him down.

Taehyung clenched his teeth from the anger that still hadn't subsided. Loud and aggressive steps echoed throughout the halls with his parents following him.

"Taehyung-"

"No, father! Just stay silent for now. I don't want to hear anything." Taehyung grumbled darkly.

Mr. Kim sighed and walked faster after his son.

"Taehyung listen. I apologize for bringing you into this mess. I really didn't know that things would get this far."

"Father, please! I know I'm your son. I know I should respect you and your choices. I know that you very much care about mine and Ethiopia's future but stop making choices behind my back like that. I know that you were the previous ruler of this kingdom but you've got nothing to do with it anymore! Seriously?!?! You made a stupid deal then also threatened me into following your orders. I do love you father but don't cross your limits like that. And please don't ever include Jungkook in your personal affairs because he'll be staying with me for as long as I want. You could have at least asked me before giving them the consent to look forward to that marriage!"

Mr. Kim frowned as more guilt took over him.

Rosie caressed her husband's arm in worry.

"Just give him time honey. You know he's not that mad at you. He just needs to cool off and everything will be fine." she kissed his temple with reassuring eyes.

Jack gave her a sad smile and kissed her back on the cheek.

The three neared Taehyung's room but stopped midway.

Taehyung furrowed his brows at the unfamiliar object around the doorknobs.

"Huh, what's that?"

He came closer and eyed the rope that was tightly wrapped around the doorknobs.

Taehyung heard slight noise coming through the hallways and looked up.

A female body in a short dress who seemed to be running away.