47. New Light

Jungkook looked around as the edges of the roof were starting to crack apart

His heart hurt from the older's painful pleads but this was the only chance to keep Victor alive.

He carefully backed away towards the corner and froze.

His doe eyes widened and you could see the orange flames through his brown orbs.

The fire was getting closer and closer. He felt suffocated as his heartbeat increased.

Jungkook turned around and saw the big windows right behind him.

That was the only way out.

He struggled to breath as he tightly pulled on the ropes. The thick material was wrapped around the knobs with no way to untangle them.

More sweat and tears trickled down his face as Jungkook internally panicked.

"Come on, open up!!!" Jungkook cried and kept pulling on the ropes, harshly bruising his hands in the process.

Jungkook let go of the ropes and used his shoulder to break the glass. He pushed as much as he could but he was still very weak.

"Come on, please..." he cried and kept hitting the window with his bloody shoulders.

He gasped for air as violent coughs left his dry throat.

Jungkook kicked the windows which were finally starting to crack.

The walls were crumbling and dust was arising.

Jungkook used all of his left over strength and ran into the glass with a loud scream.

Loud echoes vibrated through the air as one corner of the castle has crumbled down.

The window to which Jungkook ran into has broken into shards. Everything fell down along with Jungkook.

His eyes caught the sight of the moon while his body floated down like a wingless angel.

He eyed the moon for the last time before his body landed on the hard surface with a loud thud.

A second later, many more things landed on his body, crushing him to the core.

----------------------------:3---------------------------

"Taehyung, c'mon please stand up." Namjoon pleaded the king.

Taehyung felt himself suffocate from the pain in his heart. He never cried this much to the point he wanted to end his life.

Because he'd rather die himself than helplessly watch as the love of his life will no longer exist in this world.

Mrs. Kim carefully took Victor from Taehyung and ran to the nursery to check up on him.

"Come on Taebear, please stand up." Mr. Kim gently caressed his son's nape to comfort his son.

With the help of Namjoon, Taehyung shakily stood up on his feet with trembling hands.

Mr. Kim pulled his son into a hug and placed kisses on his forehead every now and then.

"Everything will be okay Taebear, don't lose your hope so easily." he caressed Taehyung's back.

"B-but father, how could he if the
f-fire..."

He didn't get to finish as another wave of tears ran down his cheeks.

"Shh, you know our little koo is a strong boy. He'll get out of there no matter what. Let's just have faith in him son." Mr. Kim bit his lip to prevent himself from crying.

He too knew that there was a small chance that Jungkook would be able to escape.

But hope was never excessive.

All they could do right now was pray that Jungkook's still somewhere alive, breathing and not on the verge of death.

A loud boom exploded in the sky, startling the people.

Teary smiles appeared on everyone's faces as the thunderstorm has begun.

Rain poured down the sky like a river and crushed the fire with it's powerful water blades.

Happy cheers filled the castle as fire had subsided.

Just on time, a golden ray appeared from the ground, indicating that it's sunrise.

The rain has slowed down as the sun kept rising, warming up everyone's cheeks with it's large rays.

Loud cheers from the adults and happy giggles from the children brought peace to one hell of a night.

Kids jumped around excitedly, clapping their hands and staring at the big rainbow placed right in front of their eyes.

The whole mansion started relaxing as the horrifying hell has finally ended.

Those who were injured attended the nursery, getting checked on any types of wounds or injuries.

The atmosphere became light and happy as the tragic event was long forgotten by the beautiful morning.

Everyone were enjoying their lives except one person.

Taehyung.

He didn't feel happy.

He didn't feel the spark of joy that everyone around him felt.

His heart felt empty and he dreaded each moment that passed without Jungkook being near him.

Gaining more strength and stability, Taehyung wiped his face and walked to the center of the castle.

"Dear Ethiopians, we have faced a horrifying night filled with frightening memories. I'm very glad that most of the people were able to make it out alive." he shouted in his dominant voice.

The mansion fell silent as everyone attentively listened to their king's speech.

"I'm very sorry for those who lost their friend, a lover or a part of their family. But we shouldn't dread over that and lose our hope."

People nodded their heads in agreement.

"So I command, all the guards along with me and a few people to come outside and look for possible injured people who still might be alive. I need a couple doctors to come along with us incase there's emergency. And others, please make sure that all you're children are safe and emotionally stable. We're starting our search now!" Taehyung commanded and everyone got to their rightful spots.

Taehyung along with his guards, doctors and his best friends stood near the big doors.

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung pushed open the gates and everyone ran out to look for possible alive human bodies.

Please be there my angel. I promise to find you as fast as I can. The only thing I need from you is for you to still be alive. So hang in there my love, nothing can ever separate us, not even death.

                                                words: 1000

-----------------------------☁️------------------------