20. King's Arrival

Hours passed by and Jungkook was finally regaining his consciousness

Hours passed by and Jungkook was finally regaining his consciousness. His head felt like it was torn apart. His vision was still dark and blurry. He looked around, not recognizing the room he was in.

It was very dark and cold. It reeked of dead animals. He painfully stood up, his body limp from sleeping on the floor.

Where am I? He thought as he further observed the place. There were no windows, the only light was coming from the door that looked like a jail bar. Wait.....he knows this place. He remembers Taehyung showing him around the castle and teaching him about certain places.

Then that means.....the basement! Jungkook successfully remembered, the basement, the one where bad people get send to. But why was he here? He did nothing wrong...Jungkook shivered from the low temperature. He tried recalling the events that happened hours ago.

How long has he been here? Has Taehyung arrived yet? Questions over questions have clouded his mind.

Taehyung...Jungkook remembered today was the day Taehyung was supposed to come back. God how much he missed him. Tears welled up in his eyes. How quick things turned upside down. He still has to marry Jimine or else he'll never see Taehyung again. He needed to get out.

Jungkook wasted no time and ran towards the bars.

"Let me out! Help please let me out!!" he started knocking, panic rising in his throat when all he received was silence.

"Is anyone out there? Let me out please let me out! HELP!!! TAEHYUNG!!! PLEASE LET ME OUT!!!" his chest swelled in pain when there was no reply. His knees came in contact with the floor, his hands clutched the bars as he kept crying, begging to be let out.

"Please....Taehyungie..." he cried as he laid down on the cold floor. His face was contrasted in pain, tears making the cuts sting from the wetness. Just now he realized how much his body hurt and how hungry he was. But there's nothing he could do. He cried himself to sleep, mind too tired and drained.

---------------------------------------------------------

The loud cheers could be heard from the outside. The sound of horses echoed throughout the kingdom as the warriors came back with flags of Ethiopia raised high in the sky. People cheered for the king and his soldiers. The crowd yelling, "Live Long The King!!! Live Long The King!!!". Taehyung smiled in happiness, he loved his people and was thankful that they supported him after each of his victories.

The doors of the mansion were wide open. The king got off his horse and entered through the doors while the rest stayed outside. Taehyung strolled his way through the hallways and the guards opened the door to the living room. There stood his parents, happy and proud of their son.

"Son, you shew everyone your power and how brave you are. You convinced everyone that you're the most strongest and honest king. I'm so proud of you Taehyung." his father congratulated as he pulled Taehyung into his arms. Taehyung smiled as he hugged back.

He turned to his right side, his mother having slight wetness in her eyes.

"Baby bear, I'm so proud of you for coming back healthy and alive. You never disappoint. God, I missed you so much." his mother almost chocked him from how tight she hugged him. Taehyung giggled as he kissed her cheek.

"I missed you too mother." he smiled when his mother kissed his forehead. He ignored Raea as he looked around and frowned. One person was missing.

"Mother, father, where's Jungkook?" he questioned. Rosie and Jack looked at each other confused.

"Actually, we haven't seen him for the past couple hours." his father said. Taehyung furrowed his brows and suspiciously glared at Raea who gulped hard from the intense glare. She tried to keep her face as emotionless as possible to not give away any hints. She fiddled with her fingers from nervousness. Taehyung sighed as he left the room.

Once he reached his bedroom, he opened the door just to find it empty. Weird.....Jungkook would usually hang out in Taehyung's room. The king closed the door as he headed to Jungkook's room. It was also empty. He got more worried and checked each bathroom and living room that exists in the mansion.

Where could he go? Taehyung deeply thought.

The garden! He remembered and ran out of the castle. The garden was empty, only couple deers eating grass. That did not help his concerned mind.

The king marched towards the two guards who bowed as a greeting.

"Did any of you see Jungkook?" his low voice sent chills down their back. The two guards widened their eyes.

"Y-your majesty, he was sent to the basement." one of the guards spoke up, voice trembling. Taehyung's eyes turned dark as he furiously glared at them.

"Who had the audacity to send him to the basement without my consent??!! Who??!!" he tightly grabbed one of their necks as his voice was filled with rage.

"M-ms. Raea did y-your majesty." the guard answered as his breathing was blocked by the long fingers pressing right into his throat. Taehyung groaned in anger as he harshly let him go, making the guard fall back on his ass.

He stormed down the hallways and towards the basement, ready to kill each person that'll get on his way. Once he reached the underground, another guard showed up, the one that guarded the basement.

He bowed in respect as he spoke up, "Your majesty, what brought you here?".

"Was Jeon Jungkook sent here?" he asked as calmy as he could. The guard nodded his head.

"Yes your majesty."

"Guide me there." he demanded and they made their way towards the place.

Once they reached the room, Taehyung widened his eyes in surprise. What he saw made him fist his hands so tight, his knuckles turned white. His breathing was filled with anger.

---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading and voting. I purple you. 💜🐰💜