45. Stuck Between Heaven and Hell

"Fuck, there's not enough time!!" Taehyung gritted his teeth

His fist was bloody red by now. His heart dramatically thumped inside his chest as the screams got louder.

He knew there wasn't much chance they could save Jungkook and Victor but that little hope in his heart kept him going.

All the memories with Jungkook flashed through his mind. The day they met, the first time they kissed, the night when he made Jungkook his. All those sparks he felt with Jungkook. Those silly jokes they'd create at night and laugh till morning. Those times when Jungkook's single smile would make up the horrible days he had gone through.

He doesn't want to end this.

He wants to keep on seeing that smile and those beautiful doe eyes.

He wants to hear his soft voice waking him up each morning.

He wants to kiss those luscious lips and caress his ever soft skin.

He wants Jungkook forever by his side and he won't let any obstacles separate him and the owner of his heart.

Jungkook....my beautiful baby, I promise to save you. Just hold on baby bun.

"TAEHYUNG!! WE'RE HERE!!" Namjoon's voice interrupt his train of thoughts.

Taehyung turned around and saw Namjoon along with Yoongi and Jimin running towards him.

"Here, that's the only thing I could find sir." Namjoon handed the heavy metal to Taehyung.

Taehyung clutched the hammer as adrenaline coursed through his body.

I'm going to save you Jungkook. No way am I letting you go like this.

He licked his dry lips and stared at the object in his hands.

With hope and fear in his eyes, Taehyung raised the hammer above his head and swiftly aimed it at the doorknobs.

A loud boom echoed throughout the hallways as the wooden doors came in contact with the floor.

Taehyung and the rest hissed as the agonizing heat crawled at their skin.

The king squinted his eyes when they started to sting due to the fire.

The room was filled with flames as half of the people in the mansion screamed in panic.

Taehyung's eyes traveled to each foggy corner where Victor's cries could be heard from.

He stopped at the corner where a curled up body was well hidden behind the flames.

"JUNGKOOK!!!!" he yelled, hoping that he's alive.

"JUNGKOOK CAN YOU HEAR ME??" he yelled again, panic slowly taking over his body.

He waited in anticipation as the people's screams got louder in terror.

His eyes glistened when he heard a faint 'Taehyung'.

Knowing exactly who said that, his body reacted right before his mind could.

"Taehyung wait, you can't go in there! That's straight up committing suicide!" Namjoon grabbed his arm and shoved him back.

"Namjoon I have to go there!! We don't have time, what if they die?!?!" Taehyung shoved him off and yelled back.

"Listen Taehyung. If you go there now you'll end up fucking burning in flames. What's the point then?!?!" Namjoon aggressively shook his shoulders to bring some sense into his head.

Taehyung shook his head.

"I don't care about that Namjoon. I'd die for Jungkook if that means he gets to live. I'd put him before me anytime and anywhere. And little fire like that won't stop me from doing so."

Namjoon clutched his fist and was about to argue back.

"And if you're truly my best friend, then I suggest you follow my command rather than keep me away from doing what's right."

Namjoon sighed in defeat.

"You're right, sorry."

Taehyung patted his shoulders and took a deep breath.

"Now let's go, we need to save the love of my life."

Namjoon aggressively nodded.

Taehyung took another deep breath and ran into the fire.

---------------------------⏳--------------------------

His grip on the baby loosened as smoke filled his mouth.

Jungkook took heavy breaths, his head feeling dizzy and eyes barely open.

Everything felt paused as the outside noise felt silent in his ears. The grey and orange glow stinging his eyes while he took in the hell-like sight.

He could hear his own rushing heartbeat, barely any traces of hope left in his body.

Tae, where are you? Why aren't you coming....

It felt like centuries as he hopelessly layed in the corner, Victor still attached to his chest.

"ungkook!!!!"

"JUNGKOOK CAN YOU HEAR ME??"

A faint voice lingered in the air.

It feels like your voice Tae. Is it really you or am I dreaming?

It took Jungkook minutes to realize it was actually Taehyung's voice.

He slowly sat up with shaky hands. He looked around the room with new hope in his eyes.

"T-tae?" his voice was hoarse from all the screaming.

His lips shook in anxiety from the agonizing screams from the other side of the mansion.

His mind paused for a second and it felt silent once again.

"Taehyung?" he tried louder, this time feeling like something was strangling his throat.

His senses slowly came back.

He could hear some guy's distant yelling along with Victor's cries just below his ears.

His vision cleared up and he could finally make out a body running into the flames.

Jungkook squinted his eyes as a black shadow ran closer towards his way.

The fog wasn't helping at all as the flames gave little light to observe his surroundings.

"T-Taehyung? TAEHYUNG!!!"

Jungkook painfully walked towards the center of the room, trying to ignore the heavy pain in his toe.

He hugged Victor tighter and waited for that familiar face to appear.

"JUNGKOOK!!!"

There he was.

Skin covered in grayish color and face almost red from the extreme temperature.

"H-hyung!"

Jungkook's voice came out as a whisper as tears of happiness rolled down his cheeks.

The two were so close to reaching each other when the middle part of the wooden roof landed right on the center.

                                                words: 1000
---------------------------------------------------------
They gonna die or not. They gonna die or not. They gonna die or not. They gonna die or not. They gonna die or not. Who knows.