38. Father

"KIM JACK!!! YOU

"KIM JACK!!! YOU. ARE. NOT. MY. HUSBAND ANYMORE!!!"

"Rosie honey, there's a better side to it-"

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!! You're an egoistic egg Jack." Rosie shook her head in disappointment.

"But that would benefit both of the kingdoms." Jack added.

"No Jack, you're being selfish. You're only doing this for power. Plus, without your own son's approval."

Their argument, more like Rosie eating Jack from the inside started with her accidentally reading the letter. She was in her husband's room to clean up his messy desk.

There were scrambled papers and left over food which made her tsk.

I live with a pig smh. There she started to clean up until the breeze from the window caused a certain letter to roll around the desk and land onto the floor.

She picked it up, not thinking about reading it because it's probably something about economics and all the boring stuff until, she saw Taehyung's name.

Not wanting to interfere into her husband's business, she put the paper back onto his desk.

After throwing away the trash, Rosie made her way to the door but briskly turned around.

"I'm curious though....nobody's gonna know." she bent down like a witch and tip toed back to the desk. She looked around the room until finally lifting up the crumpled yellowish paper.

Her hands clutched the sides of the letter as her eyes were reading left to right. Angrily scoffing, she kicked open the door and stomped her way towards the big living room where Jack was calmy sitting on the couch, sipping his tea.

"What is this?!?!" she shoved the letter right at his face. Jack hissed and coughed. He winced as all of the tea trailed down his clothes, harshly burning his skin. Still trying to stop chocking, he asked with a red face.

"Rosie how did you find that?"

"What?! And that's the first thing you're questioning me?!?! WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?!?!"

"Huh? B-but that's not a big deal."

And that's where their argument started.

"Jack listen, don't you care about our son? What about his happiness? I know being a king has it's ups and downs but not to this point right? How do you think you'd live if you married someone you basically hate?" she calmly stated, brushing her hands through his hair.

Jack sighed.

"I know but, you do know that Ethiopia's economy is going down. We need to make such sacrifices or else we'll lose our power." he explained.

"Jack, there's always another way. We can find a better option than giving away our son and his happiness." Rosie was slowly losing her patience.

"And as much as I don't want to make Taehyung marry her, the deal has already been made." he voiced out.