25. A Deal

"Do you even notice how you're embarrassing us? How many times have I told you to stop being so selfish and only care about your own needs!!!" the agitated voice gritted out, filling the whole room with tension

Raea slowly gulped from her father's angry voice.

I mean, why wouldn't it be angry?

Her careless actions got to the point where the king of Ethiopia didn't let it pass so easily. He personally came to their kingdom and informed Raea's parents about her actions. Not only that, he warned that if such a thing happens one more time, there's a big chance for a war to begin.

"F-father please I'm sorry....that won't happen again I promise!" Raea begged, her voice coming off a bit shaky and quiet.

Her father scoffed before stepping closer to her. Raea tensed up at the sudden move, settling her gaze on anything but her father.

"Of course that won't happen again. This one time was embarrassing enough. Now the king will look down at us, who knows he won't even want to interact with is anymore." he rubbed his temples, too stressed about this situation.

Raea thought for a minute before a mischievous smile made it's way towards her lips. She quickly masked it away and cleared her throat.

"Well father, um..I have an idea-"

"NO!" her father cut her out. "Your actions proved that you're still immature, yet you want me to listen to your stupid ideas? Pfft-" her father chuckled sarcastically.

"No please just listen to me once!" Raea's high pitched voice filled the room as she clinged on her father's arms. He tsked from her annoying self.

"Leave me alone Raea. Your dumb ideas won't save us from such indignity. You let yourself stoop this low and bring us along with you-"

"NO LISTEN TO ME!!! We can make a good deal with them. They won't refuse it since it'll also benefit them!!!" Raea yelled, trying to convince her already annoyed father.

He sighed and pushed her hands away from his arm before crossing arms over his chest.

"What deal?" he questioned curiously. What else was there that could convince the king to not think of them as pathetic as now.

Raea smirked upon catching the man's attention. She put her hands on her hips before speaking up.

"Well....there's this idea that came to me. Since we want to make our kingdom more powerful, we could use Ethiopia for that." she finished.

"How so?" her father arched his brow.

"You know, we could unite our kingdoms by me marrying the king of Ethiopia. This will make us more powerful and rich. Also since the king isn't engaged yet, there'd be no problems to arrange the wedding." she suggested, feeling proud of her plan.

The man thought for a while before nodding.

"That's actually a good idea. We could set up a wedding and take advantage of that to combine our kingdoms." her father agreed. Raea nodded in return as she watched her father make his way to his table and start writing a letter.

"Wait!!! Don't tell this to the king though, I'm positive he won't like this idea." Raea stopped him from starting.

"Write this letter to Mr. Jack instead. He will definitely agree and his son won't be able to back away from his order." she informed before leaving her father's room.

No, she didn't do this for her father.

She didn't do this for her kingdom or power.

She did this for Taehyung. She did this because she seeks revenge at a certain someone who got her crush's attention. Taehyung was hers from the beginning. They knew each other longer than Jungkook ever has with Taehyung. She won't give up easily and let Jungkook have his way. She swears she'll make sure Jungkook suffers for stealing Taehyung away.

With one thought in her mind, she stormed towards her room with an evil grin plastered on her face.

"I did warn you, Jeon Jungkook. Too bad you didn't listen."

---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading and voting. I purple you. 💜💞💜