3. Boy Toy (Alec)

"What?" I shriek, staring at Sam like a mad man.

   What is this supposed to mean? Is he making some kind of an indecent proposal to me? My eyes go wide when a thought flushes through my mind that I am not completely opposed to the idea of accepting it. I am obviously out of my mind.

   "The cocktail," Sam says, smirking at my surprised, red face. "I decided to call it The Hots."

   A wave of embarrassment splashes over me, making me choke on my breath. I really need to brace myself. Idiot! Did I actually assume that Sam was offering sex to me? And even worse, was I really considering doing it? What the hell is wrong with me?

   Unable to come up with anything better to ease the awkwardness of the situation, I take a big gulp of the drink. My senses are instantly captivated by fresh exotic scents. There is also a slight spiciness, combined with the sweetness of the sugar crystals. Everything mixes into an incredible explosion of flavors, leaving my tongue tickling and waiting for more.

   "Wow," I gasp, unconsciously closing my eyes to savor the taste longer.

   We stay like this for a few seconds. Sam is silent and motionless, waiting for me to go out of the trance and eventually give an opinion. What a poor choice of judge for a professional assessment of his accomplishment. At least I can confirm as a simple enthusiast that the drink is exceptional.

   "It's just amazing," I finally mumble and flutter my eyelids open only to meet two glossy, green eyes, gazing at mine.

   There is something in them which very much resembles... longing? No, it can not be that. I am not a person who would ever be longed for, especially by the hottest guy I have ever met. There is no way someone like Sam would be attracted to someone like me.

   His hypnotizing stare leaves me frozen. I do not react when his face gets even closer, his lips almost touching mine.

   "You know what," Sam whispers, "I changed my mind. I think I'll bite you." 

   He pulls back and slides an open palm up my thigh. "Would you like that?"

   His brow rises questioningly. Utterly surprising myself, I breathe out, "I would."

   Something is definitely wrong with me today. I have not even kissed anyone for the twenty-five years of my life, and now I am giving permission to this menacing man to bite me. Emmy from the kindergarten definitely does not count. I hope he did not mean to actually do that. This is a figurative way to say kiss, right? Oh, gosh! That would be even worse. He will surely find out that I have zero experience in the matter.

   Sam is closing the distance while this whirlwind of crazy thoughts is raging in my head. My brain is searching for a way to avoid the embarrassing outcome.

   Just before our lips touch, I grab the glass and pour the remaining content down my throat. It does not go to the right place. I choke heavily, unable to breathe. Tears spring in my eyes.

   Sam throws himself behind me and starts to pat my back hard. The burning liquid finally leaves my trachea. I take a big gulp of air, wiping my eyes.

   "I'll fetch some water," he nervously says, heading to the kitchen.

   I slowly drink the whole bottle, trying to delay the moment when I will have to look at him. When I finally do, I see the man startled and slightly pale.

   "No biting," he quickly assures me, defensively raising his hands and sits at a decent distance from me. "So, how much?"

   What? Is he offering me money for sex now? What the fuck!

   I grab the second glass and drain it, watching out to pour it into the right pipe this time.

   "You should be careful with this. It tastes sweet but is quite strong," Sam utters in amazement. "It kicks instantly."

   Perfect! He thinks I am a drunkard now. Me, whose experience with alcohol is the two glasses of champagne I had at my prom! This could not have gone smoother.

   "So, what is the cost of the damage? How much is my share?" he asks again.

   Oh, he means the money for the bar repairs. Yes, that was what I came to talk about. How could I completely forget it? Unfortunately, my gigolo career just ended before it even started. I feel a little disappointed. Alec, the boy toy. Sounds cool, right? And why, suddenly, everything looks kind of blurry. It is so damn hot in here. Did he turn the heat on in the middle of the summer? I am sweating.

   "Alec, are you ok?" I hear Sam's voice as if from far away.

   The last thing I see, before lumping down on my back and blacking out among the soft cushions, is Sam's stunned face, hovering above me.

   My last thought is, "Oh my! this is a total falling from grace. I'll be mortified when I come to my senses."

___________________________________

Photo by Full rights with model releases from istockphoto.com

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 3!

Thank you for reading and supporting the story! ❤❤❤

What do you think is the reason for Alec's sudden collapse? 😍

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

Love: Anny