54. Lucky Me! (Sam)

I am sitting on the bed, gazing at Alec while he is drying his hair with nothing on, but a tiny, white towel, wrapped around his waist. 

   Where did this angel come from? 

   His wet skin is glowing in the sunlight, coming through the half-open window. Every drop of water is sparkling like a little diamond. His smile is wide and disarming. I love the way he is moving freely in front of me without worrying about the scar across his abs. He thinks it is ugly, but it only adds to his charm. It shows how strong and brave my Peppercorn is. Perfection has many faces.

   "What?" he raises a brow, his grin getting even wider. "Why are you staring? Is that drool dripping from your mouth?"

   "Yeah," I chuckle. "You are like a big, delicious cupcake. Can I lick your glaze?"

   "Tease," he giggles. "I am not a cupcake. I am a big, strong man. Wanna see?" He starts posing like a bodybuilder. "Look at this front double biceps. Well? Here's my side chest. Wait! I've got the best rear lat spread."

   "Stop it," I gasp. "You'll make me hard again. How often do you watch bodybuilding competitions? You perform the poses like a pro."

   "Really?" he is laughing in full voice. "Honestly, too often for my own good. That was before, though. I've been only imagining your body lately."

   And then, just like that, his towel comes loose and falls on the floor.

   "Oops," he laughs louder and bends down to pick it up, glancing at me mischievously over his shoulder.

   "You are doing this on purpose," I growl and grab him by the waist, pulling him on my lap.

   "What if I am," he mumbles and wraps his arms around my shoulders, ready to press his lips to mine when a knock on the door startles us both.

   "Not again!" we grumble at the same time and burst into laughter.

   "That shower took too long," Rose states sternly from the other side of the door. "Stop cackling and come down immediately. Victor is losing patience. It's rude to keep your guest waiting. The boy has traveled all the way from Paris."

   Alec rolls his eyes and sighs deeply. "Unfortunately, you'll have to lick my glaze some other time."

   He moves to get up, but I grab his wrist and turn him to face me, "Alec, I love you. No more jealousy and doubts. Promise me!" I look him in the eyes and add firmly, "Victor is just a friend. You are my man."

   "I know," he nods and pecks my lips. "Doesn't mean that I am enjoying this, though."

   "We are leaving after lunch," I smile and kiss his bare shoulder. "Enough adventures in the countryside."

   "I will really miss Nicol," he says while pulling on a black G-string. "Also, Barney. He is such a sweetheart, the cutest dog I've ever seen."

   "Jesus!" I gulp heavily and focus on gathering the muddy clothes, scattered on the bathroom floor. I need to buy Alec some boxers if I do not want to end in the hospital. Who am I fooling? That ass will look as hot as hell even if I wrap him in thermal underwear.

   "I am ready," my Peppercorn states and marches to the door in his skinny black jeans and a white t-shirt with the walk of someone who has just conquered the world. He has conquered my heart for sure. I hurry after him like a puppy.

   The table is set when we appear in the front garden. Nicol and Rose are chatting lively with Victor, who is telling them some funny story about Paris.

   "Finally," Rose claps her hands. "What took you so long?"

   Alec instantly turns crimson. Victor starts smirking without the slightest attempt to hide it. Nicol glares at her and waves us to sit down. My so-called best friend immediately holds the chair next to him for Alec to sit. He hesitantly does it, glancing helplessly at me. I flop on the chair next to him and squeeze encouragingly his hand.

   "Soo, Alec," Victor leans towards him, completely invading his space. "I have the feeling that we will become great friends. We both love that grumpy bear, after all. Am not I right?"

   Alec flushes a brighter shade of red and stutters, "I... ugh... Yeah... I mean..."

   I am getting all riled up. What game is this idiot playing? I was ready to forgive and forget, but he is not helping my good intentions at all. He can beat me up, and I can pass it over, but he is making a big mistake thinking I would let him mess around with my boyfriend.

   "Babe, the sun is burning too much where you're sitting," I pull Alec by the hand. "Let's swap places."

   I settle next to Victor and grumble, glaring at him, "It's a pity we are leaving in a couple of hours. Maybe you'll have the chance to socialize more next time you come."

   "Oh, really?" Victor beams. "Lucky me! I actually have to be in town this afternoon for a meeting and was wondering how to get there since I left my car in Paris. I can come with you. We'll catch up later this evening." He nudges me with his shoulder and winks. "Isn't it great? Like in the good, old times."

   "How wonderful," Rose exclaims. "We will all travel together. I am coming back to town too."

   "Wonderful indeed," Alec mutters next to me. Mom pats soothingly his hand.

_______________________________

Photo by Peter S. Kološ from istockphoto.com

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 54!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You are amazing!

There are no pasta and cupcakes for Alec and Sam for now. 😭

What do you think Victor is planning? 🤔

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Love: Anny