47. Marshmallow and Cup Cakes (Sam)

We are striding across the vast sloping meadow, which borders our peach orchard at its upper end and stretches all the way down to the small, quite old, wooden pier on the river. Alec is still sulking a little, but he can not resist the breathtaking scenery and finally smiles, letting me intertwine our fingers.

   The dewy, vibrant green grass reaches up to our knees. It is sprinkled with colors. The rich blue of the cornflowers contrasts with the bright yellow crowns of the dandelions. The delicate, white florets of the hemlock look like sugar crystals spilled over the shamrock. Tall, thorny cotton thistles proudly show off their purple heads here and there. 

   "Aaah, this is the most beautiful place I have ever seen," Alec sighs dreamily. "It makes you feel content and carefree. Why can't I have a small farm and live here? I will keep four white sheep and a pony, a black one." 

   "How did you calculate how many sheep exactly you need?" I laugh out and pull him closer to kiss his pouty mouth. "Why not three or six?"

   "Because there will be two couples, silly," Alec rolls his eyes as if he is the greatest expert, and I know absolutely nothing about farming. "They will have lambs later, and the number will increase gradually. It can't be only one couple in the beginning, though. They'll need friends."

   "To organize parties together, I guess?" I chuckle. "It doesn't work this way, Peppercorn. Two rams in a sheepcote will literally kill each other. You can't keep more than one. He will mate all the awes no matter how you've planned your little sheep families."

   "Stop it!" Alec giggles loudly. "Alright, three awes and a ram, but he will be a nice one and respect the ladies. No orgies!"

   "I'm sure he will, if you ask him politely," I snort. "Just don't stand on the horns' side while doing it. What about the pony? Don't they need a partner and some friends?"

   "No! Ponies are pure animals," Alec answers as-a-matter-of-factly. "They do not need mates. I will be Raven's best friend."

   "Mhm, I understand!" I nod with serious expression. "Raven will be one of those ponies that poop glitter and eat only marshmallows and cup cakes."

   "You're making fun of me," Alec screams and slaps my butt hard. "I may know nothing about animal husbandry, but I can at least fantasize as much as I want."

   "Did you just smack my ass?" I grumble and scoop him in my arms. "Peppercorn, get ready to feel my wrath."

   "I'm not afraid of youuu," he starts screaming and giggling at the same time while I'm spinning him around. "I want cuddly rams and roosters that don't bite, and I don't want to go fishing. Fish won't like to be pulled out of the water."

   We fall in the grass. I start showering him with kisses wherever I can reach. He wraps his arms around my neck and barely pants, "Sam, you are amazing! Naughty, teasing, bad... so bad, but wonderful."

   My heart skips a beat. All the butterflies in my stomach wake up to life. I crack the biggest smile. I have never ever been so in love. "I'll give you all the cuddly animals you want. I promise! And no fishing! Come on! You have a boat to drive, Captain." 

   I jump up and hold out my hand to him. Alec grabs it, stands up, and looks into my eyes. "Sam, I... I truly, deeply... love you!"

   "I love you too, babe! I will never disappoint you. I swear! I will always be your Teddy Bear. Always!" I am suddenly so emotional, possessive, protective of him. I gaze at his blushing face, his messy hair, the golden sparkles in his eyes and realize, right here, in the middle of the wildflower meadow, that I can never be happy without him. We squeeze each other's hands and smile. We both know that this is it, the moment that suddenly changed our lives. 

   We walk towards the pier, hand by hand, in comfortable silence. Grasshoppers are jumping, startled by our steps. Birds are singing among the slender branches of the weeping willows, bending over the clear, running water. It's a small, shallow river, but very picturesque. There's an old stone bridge a little further down the stream and then the water floods the lower level ground near one of the river banks, forming a natural water lily pond, hidden among the thick reed. I can't wait to show Alec its hidden beauty.

   The old fishing boat is waiting for us. The pier is cracking and shaking while we board it. I start the engine, and we slowly glide to the middle of the riverbed. 

   "The helm is yours, Captain!" I step aside.

   "Really?" Alek shrieks and grips it with both hands, squeezing in full force.

   "Don't strain. You only need to adjust the course slightly if we start to change direction. Just keep the boat it the middle and move straight ahead."

   "Woo-hoo! This is awesome!" Alec beams.

   "Yes, it is!" I mumble, hugging him from behind and lean my chin on his shoulder.      

___________________________________

Photo by ablokhin from istockphoto.com

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 47!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You are amazing!

Do you think we just witnessed the blossoming of true love?

What do you think about Alec as a farmer and his cute sheep couples? 😂

The action is coming in the next chapter, so get ready. 😉

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Love: Anny