59. Cheers! (Alec)

We finally pop out in an enormous hall, designed in the same eccentric, sensual style, after a long walk down the rock bands hallway of fame. I wonder how deep underground we are. The cozy twilight reveals numerous tables, lit by vintage candle lanterns, placed in each one's center. There is a big mahogany bar, occupying the entire opposite side. The bartenders are fussing behind it, toying with the numerous bottles of liquor lined on the tall wall shelves all the way up to the ceiling. 

   Sunny told me who some of the performers on the posters were, pointing at them like a guide. It seems he has become quite knowledgeable on the matter since he started dating the Dark Sun's vocalist. I can understand it. Em probably talks about music all the time. I, myself, am already pretty good at mixing cocktails, although Sam has been my boyfriend for only a month. Sunny has a rock band named after him, but I have the Sweet Peppercorn cocktail. Sam said he was going to start offering it to the customers to explore opinions and eventually present it as a new recipe together with The Hots at the next contest. 

   "Teddy Bear," I pull on his sleeve, grinning widely. "When is the next international bar tenders competition?"

   "In October," he answers, "two months from now. Why are you asking, babe?"

   "Umm, just curious." I shrug my shoulders, blushing brightly. "I was wondering when my favorite drinks will become known to the public."

   "Oh my Goood! Look at those cuties!" An excited yell interrupts our conversation. I peek startled in its direction. My eyes go wide, and my jaw drops at the sight. Two girls are gliding towards us at the speed of light, skillfully maneuvering between the tables, as if floating in the dim light. I realize they are on inline roller skates when they reach us. This, however, is by no means the most impressive feature in their appearance. I actually thought they were naked for a brief second. All their clothing consists of almost non-existent shorts and a black lace bustier that barely covers their nipples.

   "Heads up!" Sunny giggles. "Star girls invasion! Alec, you're too cute. I'm sorry, but get ready to be eaten alive."

   "Only the fact that Em can be downright scary saves you, mister," the one with the long, curly, ginger hair pouts. Her badge says Scarlet Star. She flatters her long lashes at me, "What's your name, Honey Boo?"

   "Scary, but gorgeous," the other one sighs, gazing at Dark Sun's life-size poster, placed near the bar. I am only trying to regain my lost ability to speak. Her name is Purple Star, obviously because of her shorts and skates' color.  Her thick, wavy, golden ponytail reaches down to her waist.

   "Gorgeous, but gay," Scarlet laughs out, focusing back on me. She takes one of my unruly locks between her fingers and raises a brow, "Well? Are we going to hear a name?" 

   "Speaking about fine men," Purple beams at Sam and Victor, "look at those two. Sunny, sweetheart, where do you find them? I wanna take lessons and am willing to pay. Teach me, please."

   "My name is Alec," I finally manage to choke out, wrapping my arm around Sam's waist, "and this one is mine. These are Sam and Victor." 

   I am not afraid of the star girls. No one is flirting with my boyfriend. One rival is more than enough for me. We better clear this out from the beginning.

   "Eeee, spicy!" The blond one chuckles. "I like you, Alec. We'll become great friends. Don't worry. Your boy is safe with us. Come on, let us show you your table, guys. It's the best one, of course. We'll take care of you tonight. It will be so much fun."

   "I am single," Victor announces. "Also very agreeable."

   "That's good, honey," Scarlet giggles. "I hope you like to dance too."

   "Sure," he instantly nods in confirmation, scurrying behind her.

   We follow the girls, weaving between the small, round tables. The hall is packed with people. There is not a single one free. Everyone is waving at Sunny, who is casting generous smiles, despite the red swirls on his face. He looks so much more confident than before. Obviously, dating a rock star has cured his excessive shyness. I wish I could control the twisting sensations in my stomach as well. 

   I am filled with utter relief when we finally settle on the high stools around our table, which is located right in front of the small stage, no more than six feet from it.

   "Time for cocktails!" Purple Star claps her hands. "I've got a great suggestion for you. It's called Ice Flower and is the best I've ever tasted. Also looks so beautiful, with frozen strawberries and flowers in the ice cubes. I want to kiss the person who invented it. Do you know that the guy won a half-million-dollar prize at the international 'Bartender of the Year' contest in Paris?"

   "What?" I below gazing at Sam. "You didn't tell me you were that rich."

   "I am not rich," he rolls his eyes. "Also, it's not my thing to brag. I honestly doubt you'll like the drink either. It's too strong. You better choose..."

   We are able to say nothing more because of the girls' shrill screams. They disappear somewhere only to drag a startled bartender by the sleeve and push him in front of Sam. The man starts shaking his hand and bubbling about how honored he is to meet him. 

   The turmoil gets even bigger when the last three members of our group appear, my friend Casey with his husband Avery and Sunny's best friend Emma, who is also Dark Sun bass guitarist's girlfriend.

   The table is cluttered with the familiar pretty drinks before we manage to calm down after half an hour of introductions, hugs, excited exclamations at Avery's bunny tattoo, praises for Sam and Victor and boisterous laughter. The bartender is staring at Sam, tentatively waiting for him to try the cocktail and evaluate his performance. 

   Sam takes a sip and beams, "Perfect!"

   We all erupt in applause and raise our glasses.

   "For the best party ever and a wild, memorable night!" Scarlet Star yells.

   "Cheers!" We follow. The glasses' loud clink announces its beginning.

_______________________________

Photo by Michal Lizuch from Pexels

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 59!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You are amazing!

And so it begins. 😂

Did you like the start girls? 😉

Here is a small explanation for those who haven't read my other stories because I know that the many new names might be confusing. I am sorry about that. 

Sunny and Em are the main couple from Full Exclusive Rights, which tells the story of the cute Japanese boy in a foreign country and the rock star who fell in love with him.

Emma and the guitarist Lucky are Sunny and Em's best friends who are a side couple in the same book.

Casey and Avery are the main couple from Sugar.

Don't worry if you can't get all the names. We'll focus on Alec, Sam, and Victor in the next chapters.

I hope the readers who are familiar with the other stories liked those cameos.

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Love: Anny