79. Here's to The Happy Endings🥂(Author)

I have not forgotten the promise I made to some of you at the very beginning of this story. You asked me to share the recipes. You, lovely readers, more than deserve it.

   After a heated discussion with Alec and Sam, they decided that the following three cocktails were the best choices to showcase Sam's masterpieces. Our main reasons are: these drinks look gorgeous; they are very easy to prepare and even easier to fall in love with; and taste fantastic. This also seems like the perfect description of any of the protagonists, doesn't it? 😜

   Here we go. Enjoy mixing them and have in mind that a beautiful cocktail can be fun only if we are of the appropriate age for consuming alcohol and always do it wisely.

   The Hots Cocktail, represented by Violette Royale

   Violette Royale is probably one of the easiest cocktails to make, and also one of the most impressive due to its magnificent purple color and distinctive flavor.

   You need only two ingredients:

1. Crème de violette – a brandy based, sweet liqueur with violet flower coloring and aroma (depending on the manufacturer, could be by using natural violet flowers or artificial flavoring).

2. Sparkling Prosecco - Italian white wine with light, fruity flavor.

   Take your favorite type of glass. I personally love martini glasses. Pour some Crème de violette and top with Prosecco. Can't be easier than that, right? Don't worry about the quantity of each ingredient because it is totally up to you. The best part of this recipe is that it gives you complete freedom. You can change the proportions according to your taste, and it will modify both the taste and the color. Add a few drops of lemon juice, sprinkle sugar crystals on the rim of the glass, or dip an orange peel twist in the drink. Decorate the cocktail the way you like, and do not forget to use a lot of ice cubes. Get creative. Unleash your imagination. Make this tempting, refreshing summer drink your personal piece of art.

   I know that the two ingredients may not be so easy to find in every country

   I know that the two ingredients may not be so easy to find in every country. It is ok. You can use any dry, sparkling, white wine and any fruity liqueur. Just choose those that do not have strong distinctive aroma. Add the violet taste and color by using edible food paint and flavoring.

   Ice Flower Cocktail, represented by Vodka Tonic

   This cocktail is actually easier than the previous one because it not only has two ingredients, but they can also be easily found everywhere.

1. Any brand of vodka

2. Tonic water

   Believe it or not, that is all. The only rule you have to follow is that the tonic should be at least twice as much as the vodka. 

   Now comes the interesting part. You can add lime juice. This is usually what this drink would contain if you order it in a bar. But at home you can choose any citrus or other type of fruit. Add orange with a touch of pineapple. Use strawberries or pomegranate. Try with peach juice and green apple. It will be 'Yuck!' or 'Yummy!'😂😂😂 until you find your favorite combination.

   Here is Sam's trick to make it super special. Do not use ordinary ice cubes. Make them beautiful by putting some fruit and edible flowers in your ice tray. There is no better way to add your personal touch to this classic cocktail.

 There is no better way to add your personal touch to this classic cocktail

   Sweet Peppercorn Cocktail, represented by Spritzer

   Spritzer is probably the easiest to prepare in this list. Our two ingredients are:

1. White wine

2. Carbonated water

   Choose your favorite white wine. I would recommend Sauvignon Blanc as it is very light and allows any type of additions for personalization of this simple, and yet amazing drink. You can also use Riesling, Chardonnay, Pino grigio, Retsina, and many others, even the more lightly flavored Rosé wines. The proportion is also up to you. Add more water if you want the cocktail to be with lower alcohol content or more wine to make it stronger.

   The spritzer is the base of many cocktails and gives you an endless field for exploration. Add lots of ice, lemon or grapefruit juice, mint leaves, some brown sugar, and of course, our favorite pink peppercorns. Voila! You have the most refreshing cocktail for the hot summer days.

 Voila! You have the most refreshing cocktail for the hot summer days

   As you can see, the first steps in mixology can be such fun. Nothing too complicated. All you need is a little imagination. And hey, if you can not drink alcohol, just skip it. Choose apple juice instead of liquor. Non alcoholic wine is great, too. Or simply create a colorful mixture of freshly squeezed fruit juice.

   Have fun and don't forget to tell me which is your favorite cocktail.

   Mine at present is Adios Motherf*cker 😀, also known as AMF. No, I am not joking. There is a cocktail with this name, and I first tried it last summer, during my vacation. I love the color. I saw someone calling it 'boozy and blue' in an article, and they are on the spot. It is the bluest drink I have ever seen. It also kicks hard, so if you decide to try it, be careful. 

Cheers! I wish you all lots of love

Cheers! I wish you all lots of love. Always smile. 

There is the usual covers chapter, so we can have some more fun.

See you there ❤️

--------------------------------------

Photo 118732940 / Bartender © Maksym Fesenko | Dreamstime.com

Photo 1413738221 by SeventyFour from istockphoto.com

Photo 58606388 © Oleg Dudko | Dreamstime.com

Photo by Peter Fazekas from Pexels.com

Photo 153491741 by dml5050 from istockphoto.com