38. The Hummingbird (Sam)

[xxx - mature content warning]

    "Aaaaaaa! I knew it! Saaaam! You are insane! Oh, my Goooood!" Alec screams behind my back, splashing foam from the floor to the ceiling. "I was sure! Oh, my God! I saw something while you were stripping in the tree house. I knew it!"

   "Peppercorn, stop yelling. You'll wake the entire house up," I'm trying to quiet him down with no success. To prove me right, Barney starts howling somewhere on the first floor. The neighbors' dogs immediately join the midnight choir. I grumble, "So, it wasn't a random challenge, huh? I should have guessed that someone who had seen my snake tattoo would hardly assume that I had something even crazier. Honestly, you are much more insidious than me."

   "I am not! The edges of the petals were showing, but I wasn't sure what it was," Alec squeaks. "Is it a rose? Or, maybe, a lotus? Nooo! It must be an orchid."

   "It's a hibiscus," I smirk, "and a hummingbird."

   "What?" he shrieks. "Where's the hummingbird?"

   "Where do you think it is?" I laugh out. "Right there, close to the center of the flower."

   "Dearest God!" Alec gasps and flops back in the water, creating a full force tsunami in the bathroom. "I won't even ask where the center of the flower is. You are going to kill me! Ohhh... I... I need to see it."

   "Fine! I don't mind. Be brave then and uncover the hidden treasure," I chuckle. "If you want to be so sly, you should also learn how to bear the consequences."

   "What do you mean 'uncover it'?" he mutters, not so enthusiastic anymore.

   "Isn't it obvious?" I keep daring him and bend forward, leaning with my hands on the edge of the tub. His startled shriek fills me with satisfaction. I'm not done with this smarty yet. Let's see how far his bravery goes. "You'll have to spread my butt chee..."

   "Nooo!" he screams louder. "You do it! The challenge was to show me, not to make me search for it."

   "No way," I state. "There's nothing to search for. It's right in front of your face."

   "But I don't see all of it!" he protests. 

   "That's your problem, my cute, timid Peppercorn," I grin wickedly. "Do it or I'll consider the challenge fulfilled."

   "You... you are so... so...," Alec grumbles, gripping my butt. "Ok... Ok!... I can do it! I can! It's not a big deal. Alright, I have your permission, right? I'm just going to have a quick look and..." 

   "How much more are you going to chatter," I snort. "Just go for it. And don't forget to breathe."

   "Yes! Yes! I'm breathing," he keeps gabbling, squeezing me even harder. His hands are shaking, but he doesn't give up. "I can't believe that I'm doing this. What are you turning me into? Oh, dear! Are you a devil? Aaaah! I'm going to faint!"

   "Be careful what you wish for next time, babe," I snigger defiantly. "It's dangerous to play with the big boys."

   "Oh, please," he huffs. I'm pretty sure he's rolling his eyes. "I can handle a smart ass."

   He finally makes his move, followed by complete silence. I only hear his heavy breathing.

   "Wow, this is actually really beautiful," he finally whispers. "The hummingbird is just like the real thing. And the colors, these iridescent blue and green shades against the background of the red flower!" He suddenly slaps my butt and squeaks, "Who the hell tattooed you on those places?"

   "Nuh-uh, sweetheart!" I raise, but keep standing with my back to him, giving him time to hide under the foam. "Can I look now? My turn. Are you ready?"

   "Mhm," I hear his quiet voice. "Sam, I... I would... I'm not... Uhh! Never mind! What is your second question?"

   I turn around to find him buried in the pink bubbles to the chin, his eyes wide and glossy. I bet on anything that he's terribly turned on. I'm not a person to take advantage of the situations, though, so I sit back in the tub and shoot, "Why did you run away when we were making out?"

   "We were not just making out," he mumbles. "We were about to do much more."

   "Did I frighten you, angel?" I gently cup his cheek. "Didn't you know that we could stop whenever you want?"

   "I was afraid," he confirms, "but not of what was going to happen. I was afraid that you would be... that you could see... me... and... you were going to feel sor... Jeez! I can't even say the word."

   "Say it, or I'm giving you a challenge," I urge him mercilessly. I know what he fears to confess, but he needs to get rid of it. He needs to say it out loud.

   Alec pins his wide eyes on me. His lips are trembling. I squeeze his hands encouragingly, "Come on, babe! You can tell me."

   "I was afraid that you would feel sorry for me if you see me naked," he stutters out so quickly that I barely manage to distinguish the words.

   "Your turn," I smile. "Ask your question again."

   He looks at me puzzled, but repeats, "Who made those tattoos?"

   "Alright," I peck his lips and close my eyes. "Come here! Lean your back on my chest. I'm not looking."

   I wrap my arms around him, careful not to touch the area he is hiding, and kiss his nape, "Get ready to hear something really unpleasant and let's see how you are going to feel about me."

________________________________________

Photo 33389621 © Michael Truchon | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 38!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! 💗💗💗

Alec is a little shaken. 😂

Did you expect Sam to show him such a tattoo?

He is definitely not done yet with the shocking revelations.

Any idea what will be the next one? 🤭

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Love: Anny