24. Oh, My Cute Angel! (Sam)

We dive into the labyrinth of the village streets and lanes. Some are covered with asphalt, others with gravel. Many are only dirt paths, overgrown with grass. Most of the houses are one-storey, each with its unique color, resembling navy blue, cantaloupe or crimson splotches, peeking among wooden trellises, winding vines and all types of blossoming, climbing plants.

   I drive as slowly as possible because of the numerous flocks of geese, resting around every puddle, left by yesterday's rain. The annoying birds always wait for the car to almost run over them and only then they decide to waddle in front of it, flapping their wings, raising hell with their honks and hisses, but never making an attempt to move aside from the road.

    I have to stop from time to time, waiting for a lazy cow to step out of the way or a stubborn mule, sleeping in the middle of the street, to wake up to the roar of the engine and head leisurely home.

   Alec is having the time of his life, giggling and trying to get out of the car to pet any animal we encounter, so I finally lock the doors. It is not wise to mess with an angry goose. It would also be nice to get home before sunset. 

   The lush orchards behind the wire fences are heavy with ripe apricots and peaches. Big, red tomatoes and purple eggplants are shining in the sun in the vegetable gardens.

   "Oh, my God! This is heaven!" Alec beams. "Are these raspberry bushes? Look! This is the type of corn that is used to make popcorn. Look at the pretty, small houses! I'm sure we can meet a hobbit here!"

   "I doubt it," I chuckle, "but I can introduce you to The Lord of the Rings if you want."

   Alec immediately turns crimson and glares at me. "It's not a ring what you've got there. It's a barbell."

   "Why are you immediately assuming that I'm talking about my dick?" I ask innocently.

   "As if you weren't," he rolls his eyes.

   "I'm counting, babe," I grin. "The more, the better." 

   "You're counting what?" Alec raises a brow.

   "This one is also being taken into account," I wink.

   Alec shakes his head reproachfully, but restrains from rolling his eyes this time, although I am sure he is dying to do it.

   "So, Mr. Snake Charmer, aren't  you missing your new friend?" I smirk. "Besides, he's a dandy and has a lot of jewelry. He's wearing a nice little, magical, golden ring right now, especially for you."

   "Really?" My spicy angel squeaks, too eagerly for his own good. I definitely see sparkles in his eyes. His enthusiasm is quickly replaced by a startled expression. "Gosh, isn't that Rose over there? Swear that you won't mention this again before we leave!"

   "No," I firmly state, waving at her. She's standing in the middle of the street with a huge smile on her face. Barney, the enormous, shaggy dog of an unknown breed, is jumping around happily, having recognized the car.

   "Sam, I'm serious," Alec pulls on my sleeve. "I'm not going there before you promise that nothing related to... to..."

   "Handjobs," I help him obligingly, marveling at his ruby cheeks.

   "Promise!" he hisses, gazing at Rose, who is already trying to open his door while Barney is scratching on mine to my utter horror. "You won't mention it, right?"

   "I've never been the one to talk dirty to virtuous ladies," I note and unlock the doors. "Get out now before my car turns into a zebra." Alec huffs desperately, but can say nothing more, pulled out into a tight hug.

   "Oh, my cute angel!" Rose is cooing, energetically patting him on the back. "I had lost hope that Sammy would find someone so sweet to take care of him. I don't believe he deserves it either." She glares at me, but then her face softens. She turns to Alec again, "A boyfriend! Who would have known!"

   I decide to let it pass, too busy to wrestle with the dog who's obviously determined to make me roll in the dirt with him.

   "Sam!" Alec squeaks, pulled by the hand into the house. I somehow manage to scramble out of Barney's grip and dash after them.

   Mom is waiting for us on the big, garden, swing sofa. Her long, black hair is raised in a high bun. She looks as beautiful as always in a flowy, silk, white dress in small, red flowers pattern. She opens her arms. I kneel in front of her and sink into her embrace as if I'm still five. 

   "My little boy," she kisses my hair. 

   "Mom, I'm a foot taller than you," I whine.

   "Aww, you'll always be my little boy," she chuckles. Her eyes turn to Alec, who's awkwardly standing next to Rose. "I'm so sorry, dear! I hope we didn't frighten you with our untamed outbursts of affection. Come sit next to me. I'm Nicol. I'm so glad to finally meet you."

   "My name is Alexander," he mumbles, taking her hand. "Nice to meet you!"

   "I heard you're a chef," mom beams. "I can't wait for a professional to give me an opinion about my famous cabbage rolls."

    "It will be my pleasure," Alec nods eagerly. "Sam told me that there are some animals here. Can I see the chickens?"

   "Of course, darling! Let me show you around," mom slowly stands up, leaning on his arm. Barney is sneaking closer to Alec, trying to lick his hand, but is quickly put into his place by a single glance from my mother. We all head to the backyard.

___________________________________

Photo by JoseIgnacioSoto from istockphoto.com

A/N

Hello, at the end of chapter 24!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! 💗💗💗

Do you think Rose changed her mind and now likes Alec? 😂

What about Sam's mother? Will Alec get along well with her? 

Let me give you a little spoiler. Some action is coming in the next chapter. 😉

Share your thoughts, ask questions, and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Love: Anny