TWENTY THREE

Ares POV

Red. All I  can see is red. 

I was going to protect my love, Dite. No matter what it took. But first things first, I had to eliminate him. He was a thorn in our rose, and I have to get rid of thorns. They wouldn't let you prosper. They just let you drown and die.

Walking through the hall to reach once my most trusted friends, best friend actually. I couldn't help but think what would happen when this war of the ages came down. The Elites were getting stronger with the Queen, on their sides. And I can't say that there weak, because they weren't.

And I know a lot of war, bloodshed and pure fury, after all I created all those and set them in the box, where a few centries ago, the first maiden Pandora opened it and ruined the world.

I sighed, releasing the worries for later. For now I had a god to murder.

~

As I burst through the central doors, I couldn't but help but look for the one I needed. The fire god.

And there he was, about to walk off somewhere. I give him a killer glare, "You're dead!"

I stalked towards him and you immediately see the fear leaking from his aura. His face was really priceless. But then something snapped, or rather changed. I no longer felt fear, it was replaced by fast confidence. And I think he muttered a 'Bring it on', but I couldn't be sure. 

I was too transfixed in why I felt no fear. And that's when I felt the hit in my jaw.

I openly gaped at him as he placed a cocky smirk on his face. 

I grinned back, bloodlust filling my senses as I thought an 'You're on.'

-----------------------------------------[_|_]-----------------------------------------

Kate POV

I admit, I screamed when Hep landed a punch on Ares' jaw. I also admit I screamed when Ares looked at Hep with a look that was grinning? But I also didn't miss the bloodlust that filled his eyes as they turned from coal black to a dying red.

Then the dam broke.

Ares, with a gleaming smile on his face inched towards Hep, who was suddenly faltering in his confidence. Hep, looked unsure as he looked like he wanted to run, and run far away. Before he could though, Ares landed a gut kicking punch. And Hep fell, holding his rib cage.

I gasped, and was about to run forth when two pair of arms pulled me back.

Athena and Artemis, their faces grave, shook their heads at me. I looked at Hep, who looked so in pain, I ripped my gaze away. I stayed put.

A sizzingly heat raged in the air and I peeked up only to a see a bloody and avenging war god. Ares' forehead bled with ichor, the delicate mess looked almost surreal.

Hephaestus who suddenly stood up took the advantage and pushed Ares back to a wall,  where sudden fires spurted from his palms. A cruel face made its way to Hephaestus face as he raked the fire against the visible skin of Ares.

I shoved my hand on my mouth, my muffled scream blocking any focus I had. This was a blood bath, and I was staying away from it.

Athena whose eyes widened in slight fear, gestured me to hide with her and Artemis, behind a wide couch. Fearfully I followed, and the three us peeped in cracks to see fireballs thrown, and ichor spilling on every clean surface.

"We need to stop this!" I open endedly suggest, looking at the two goddesses.

"Why, this was gonna happen sooner or later and plus maybe after it'll put them both to rest," Artemis shrugged.